Saturday, 2 January 2016

Books that blew me away in 2015 - My best reads

2015 brought us so many books by so many authors,  Out of the hundreds of books I got to read, there were so many that stuck with me. 

Some made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt,  some made me cry so much i felt broken for days. and some left me with that warm fuzzy feeling that left me wanting more and more...

The books are not listed in any order,  I encourage you to read them all you will not be disappointed.

1.  RELEASE! by Author J.S.Scott

Synopsis -  Trace and Eva's story:

My name is Eva Morales, and I was one step away from being homeless when Trace Walker came into my life. I want to hate him because of my past, but I end up making what I consider a "devil's bargain" with the arrogant young billionaire instead. Really, I have no choice. It's either take the work he's offering or starve, and I've been hungry long enough.
I didn't think being his fake fiancee for the holidays would be a difficult job, but it ends up more complicated than I ever imagined, and I see a whole new side of Trace once he lets his guard down. He's haunted by his past--just like me, But there are things I can never tell him, secrets I don't dare reveal.
Eventually, I find myself in a difficult situation because our volatile attraction to each other won't be denied. Should I tell him the truth, or do I finish the job he's paying me for and walk away with my secrets still hidden, my pride still intact? He's paying me enough for this job to take care of myself once it's over. I've always been alone, and I always thought I preferred it...until I met Trace. I'd have to put everything on the line to be honest with him, but he very well might be the first man who is worth the risk. Honestly, I'd be endangering more than just my pride. I could handle feeling like a loser, because I've pretty much felt that way my entire life. What really terrifies me is being vulnerable and the possibility of ending up with a shattered heart....

Natalie's Review 

Wow!!! This book give me the feels. I laughed, I cried, I smiled. I was hooked from start to finish.

Trace needs a fiance for Christmas and when Eva walks into his office and asks for a job, he has just the one in mind. The attraction between them is instant however the relationship builds and builds. Eva has been hurt and isn't sure how to open her heart, Trace has shut off his emotions and took his role as the leader of the family. when these two get together they begin to learn to feel again and soon two hearts are healed together. 





This story is a little darker than normal for Author J.S.Scott but it was fantastic,  it kept me hooked from the first page to the last. I also loved the development of the brothers and i cannot wait to read their story. 

Completely fantastic and highly recommended

5 Stars  

2.  Always Mine by Ruth Cardello

Synopsis -  When it comes to getting what he wants, Asher Barrington is a hammer who is known for crushing his opponents. From the moment Emily walks into his office and challenges him, winning takes on a whole new meaning. The only thing standing between Emily Harris and her goal to open a museum for the blind is an arrogant, sexy as hell billionaire, who thinks sleeping with her will not complicate the situation. He won’t change. She won’t back down. But together they sizzle.

Natalie's Review 

I never thought i would love anyone as much as i loved Dominic Corisi but i was wrong!!!! Asher Barrington IS Dominic Corisi only about a gazillion times hotter! Seriously that man is perfection in every way even his flaws are perfect.

Ok enough rambling. We start with Asher in his office, he is a man who is not used to the word no, he is not used to anyone disagreeing with him period so when feisty little Emily Harris walks into his office he sees something in her that stirs something inside of him, his reaction to her is one he has never experienced before and it unsettles him enough that he wants to explore it. Emily however thinks that he is an arrogant jerk and if he wasn't the only thing standing in the way of her dreams she would tell him to go to hell.

To Asher, Emily is a challenge. He has never in his live walked away from a challenge before and to him having Emily is like winning a grand prize. What he isn't prepared for however is for Emily to fight him every step of the way....

I loved this book, it took me right back to the feelings i had when i first read Maid For The Billionaire - However there was something about this book that give more... I couldn't put it down and by the time i finished i had already clicked Pre-Order for book two, Stolen Kisses

A fantastic read that will leave you wanting more! 5 Stars


3. Lev: a Shot Callers novel by Belle Aurora 

Synopsis  From the moment Lev Leokov spots the young woman hiding behind her hair in the middle of the gentleman's club, he can't take his eyes off of her.
For the very first time in his life, he is affected. Having been told his entire life that he can't process or understand emotion, he considers it a big deal.

When Mina Harris gets caught red-handed with a wallet that isn't hers, she falls apart. She's tired, lonely and hasn't eaten in days.

Lev offers her an ultimatum... A nice warm bed, a hot meal and a job, or the cops.

Mina takes her chances with Lev.
After all, a person with nothing has nothing left to lose.

***This book enters the world of the extended Leokov family which are introduced in Friend-Zoned, however, is unrelated...


Natalie's Review  
OK I won't lie to you. I am genuinely a massive Belle Aurora fan. It seems that no matter what this lady releases i am in awe from page one until The End. Belle Aurora does something that for me not a massive amount of authors are able to do and that is grip you in to each and every story as though you are living it.

Mina tugs at your heart strings, you instantly like her and feel for her situation, you felt her desperation and pain and for every decision she was forced to make you understood why she had to do it which in turn made her likable. Even though her life is broken, her soul has been destroyed, she has every reason to hate the world, yet she chooses not too even though she is starving and cold she never loses her compassion for others around her.

In desperation she walks into a bar and steals a wallet from a man who is distracted by the bar tender. Little does she realise but someone was watching the whole thing. someone who in reality would be the worst person to catch her. Lev Leokov!

To the outside world Lev is every dream man you could wish for but only the people who know him, know he is fighting his own battles, ones that he has never truly understood himself, These battles are what makes Lev special to me. Normally I love how strong and protective men are in Belle's stories but the fact that Lev needs Mina as much as she needs him warmed me. I didn't just fall in love with one for me i fell in love with them together because quite frankly for all their flaws and turmoil, together they were beautiful.

When Lev catches Mina stealing the wallet something inside him stirs, its a feeling he has never had and does not understand he knows it is something special.

"I found her, and I was keeping her."
 

He decides to offer her a job as a bartender in the club with the offer also for somewhere to stay and food to eat. Mina is resistant at first not quite sure what he wants from her. with little option she accepts his offer of help and they slowly begin to build a friendship and learn to trust each other. Something that does not come easy to either one.

Not many books give me the feels but as soon as i started reading i was gripped. I feel like nothing i say will be good enough. IT IS AMAZING!!! I wish it never had to end. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series i think it's going to be a bumpy ride

5 Smoking Hot Stars


4. Dopey Women By Laura Barnard

Synopsis -  Sadie had a bumpy upbringing but she’s still managed to drag herself out and carve a career for herself. That all comes crashing down when she, along with the women she manages; Mags, Lexi & Steph, get made redundant. She’s screwed. In hindsight she shouldn’t have attacked her colleague in a moment of rage. There goes the reference.

When they all bump into each other a few months later at the job centre Sadie finds she’s not the only one in a hole. Steph’s boyfriend has left her holding the baby, Lexi’s stuck in an abusive relationship and poor Mags has breast cancer. They’re all struggling to keep on top of their bills. They all need money to get out of their situations, its as simple as that.

Mags mentions that some women find marijuana helps ease the sickness caused by chemo. With the desperation mounting and the coffee spurring them on they somehow decide to start growing it. They’re only going to sell to ladies going through chemo, so its not too bad, right? They’re not going to be proper drug dealers. And its only temporary.

They didn’t bet on the business taking off so well though. Before they know it they’ve got orders coming out of their ears, a sexy detective on their trail, suspicious neighbours and drug dealers angry they’re working on their patch.

Can Sadie pull them out of this dangerous world they’ve found themselves in? And can she do it before they end up in prison?


Natalie's Review 
Laura Barnard is quite possibly one of my all time favorite authors. Whatever this women releases has me doubled over nearly wetting pants in laughter. Seriously this lady gets humor.

The reason that i love Laura's stories is because you always relate to the characters, these women could be you or your best friend and that makes it more real. Sadie is no different.

After clawing herself out of a tough upbringing Sadie has finally managed to get a job she wanted until she and her department are made redundant. When she bumps into them at the job center she soon realizes that all of their lives are pretty naff at the moment and where they were merely acquaintances they find a common ground and start to develop true friendships. What follows will have you rolling on the floor laughing your buts off because seriously this book is #hilarious you will not want to put it down.

A fantastic read by an amazing author

5 Stars 

5. Billionaire Unbound by Author J.S.Scott 

Synopsis -  Chloe Colter is finally able to fulfill her dream of getting married after over a decade of school to become an equine vet. But her dreams of a perfect life are shattered when her fiancé becomes abusive, forcing her to finally break away from a destructive relationship.
Life has always been simple for Gabe Walker…until the moment he kisses Chloe Colter at a New Year’s Eve party. He wants her, and he’s used to getting what he wants. Can he convince Chloe to accept a job at his horse ranch so he can see her every day and slowly watch her passion emerge as she learns to trust a man again?

The fire between Gabe and Chloe burns hot, but can Chloe finally let go of her horrifying life before Gabe and give him a chance?, Is she strong enough to reach out and take a man who wants her, doesn’t want to change her, and who cares about her exactly as she is? or will the emotional turmoil of how Gabe makes her feel make it even harder for her to heal, and force her to walk away?

Not intended for readers under 18 years of age.

Natalie's Review 

WOW!! Okay i can't lie i love books by Author J.S.Scott they always have that happy romantic feeling that leave you smiling. This book has all the romance but wow there is so much emotion. I cried! no i didnt just cry i sobbed!! This book will tug at your heartstrings while allowing you to connect so fiercely with the characters you are rooting from them from start to finish.

Chloe is in a destructive and abusive relationship that she is desperate to break free of. Gabe has longed to be with chloe for a long time but has always held back. When these two finaly stop fighting their attraction the sparks are electric.

An amazing must read and one of my best books I have read this year. This book was also extra special to me as i was luck enough to have a character in the book written about me.  When i first read it i was completely surprised that i was thought of to be put in this book.  


5 Fantastic emotional stars  

6. Easy Silence by Beth Rinyu  

Synopsis -  They say you never forget your first love. No matter how many more come along or how much time goes by, there will always be that one person who will be forever embedded deep inside your heart and soul. For me, that was Jaxson Callahan.
We were complete opposites. I was a senator’s daughter. My parents were always too busy keeping up appearances on the political scene to show me love, so instead they bought my affection.
He was the son of a woman who allowed men to use and abuse her as well as him, just for her next fix.
We became each other’s solace during that summer we met, creating a lifetime of memories in three short months. I provided him with a sense of hope that there was more than just the harsh reality of the life he had grown accustomed to, and he showed me a genuine love that I had been yearning for my entire life. We vowed to be together forever. I loved him and he loved me…. and nothing would keep us apart.
Nothing except the secrets that were hiding in that small seaside town.
Secrets that altered our destiny. We were never given any warning as we watched our future shake, crumble and disappear altogether, leaving us with nothing but memories of a bittersweet past.
Life can be beautiful.
Life can be kind.
And, life can be heartless…..because nothing about our situation was fair.

Natalie's Review

 I don't even know where to begin with my review. I have never felt so emotionally ripped apart after reading a book.

Sam on the surface is the all American rich kid. Never going against her fathers wishes she does the duty and applies for the college of his choosing for a life he has mapped out for her. Deciding to spend the summer at her grandmothers beach house she feels it's the only place she has ever felt normal. One day she meets Jax, on the outside he screams everything she shouldn't want but something about him draws her in and she knows that nothing in her life will ever be the same again.

Jax is broken, no he is more than that he is shattered. All he has ever known is hatred from everyone who should have loved him. Unable to show love or be loved he tries his hardest to stay away from Sam, but when he is with her we see a shard of the person he is and should be as the relationship between them grows we see Jax slowly get put back together.

The love that develops between these two is consuming, not very often can an author get the intensity and depth of true love to scream from the pages but this author done it in bounds. Nothing ever felt corny or cheesy it just always felt right.

I loved this book. I experienced every single emotion along with the characters. hope, fear, longing, despair, heartbreak. Pain, love it was all there, and in some chapters I was a blubbering mess I actually sobbed so hard I could barely breathe.

This is the first book I have ever read by Beth but it most definitely won't be my last.

An amazing, captivating, breath stealing, five stars from me.


7. Holding Aces by Nikki Groom 

Synopsis -  They say that time heals all wounds.
But mine are set in so deeply, they’ve taken on a life of their own, lurking in the shadows at every turn and haunting my thoughts.

The girl I once was has been replaced by a stranger.
I don’t even know who I am anymore.

I run.
And I hide.
Pretending to be someone I’m not…

Until I meet Denham King.
My burst of color in an otherwise grey world.
And for the first time in my life, I find myself running towards someone instead of running away.

But fate can be cruel,
and I can’t escape my past.
Can I?

**Holding Aces is part one of a two part Adult Contemporary Romance series that contains mature sexual content and language and is not intended for readers under the age of 18.**

Natalie's Review 
Wow!!! where do i start? From the very beginning of this book you are hooked in. The characters are likable and you easily connect with them so you read each word as though your living the story. The book starts with suspense. after escaping an abusive fiance Natalie goes on the run after he beats her so badly she is in hospital for ten days. we then jump forward 18 months and Natalie is unhappily married to Aaron. when Aaron hits out Natalie runs and ends up in Vegas.

Here she meets Delicious Denham, ohhhhhhhhh boy here is where it gets interesting, i couldn't put the book down and when it ended i almost threw my iPad across the room but quickly calmed down and downloaded book two....

A fantastic fast paced read that leaves you second guessing everything.  5 Stars  

8. Priceless Treasure - Melody Anne 

Synopsis -  Ashton Storm had always possessed a sense of humor, but he tended to be more thoughtless and self-absorbed than his other siblings. He skated along through life, enjoying the finer things. That was until one day his father had enough and gave him an ultimatum. He either did his father’s bidding, or his ride on easy street came to an instant stop.

Though Ashton fought against doing what his father demanded, he finally caved in and took the small boating company his father gave him and made it a multi-billion dollar corporation. Now, he’s back on easy street and he’s alone – but for how long?

Richard Storm was disappointed when his matchmaking plans for his son Ashton and the very sexy, smart, somewhat clumsy, Savannah Mills didn’t work out. But no other woman seemed to be catching his son’s eyes.

Fate has a funny way of working out though, and maybe, just maybe, Richard hadn’t been wrong about Ashton and Savannah being the perfect couple. Because they’re about to finally meet.

Natalie's Review

I think this has to be one of my Favorite books from Melody Anne (I love her Midnight series and Alex Anderson will always be tied to my Head Bed lol).  Ashton is a bit pig headed at first but you soon see its an act that he has perfected for the world to see.  When he meets Savvy he likes that she sees through him women only want him for two things his money and his body,  No one actually takes him serious.

I loved the sparks from these two,  I loved how fast paced the story flowed and i especially loved seeing some old faces that warm your heart

Great read 5 Stars 

9. No Ordinary Billionaire by Author J.S.Scott 

Synopsis - 
Dante Sinclair never cared about his family’s money. All the ultra-sexy billionaire ever wanted was to be a cop; and now that he’s a homicide detective in Los Angeles, he’s a damn good one. But when he is injured and loses his partner in the line of duty, he returns to his vacation home in Amesport, Maine, to recover. With a mouth as dangerous as the streets he protects, Dante knows no one can ever heal or tame him.

Sarah Baxter, a brilliant young doctor still struggling with her stifled upbringing, has recently moved from Chicago to sleepy Amesport to escape her past, hoping to find peace. When Sarah is assigned to Dante’s case, there’s an instant heat between them. They couldn’t possibly be more different, yet their intense passion is impossible to ignore.

As burning desires awaken within Sarah, her haunted past returns, threatening her once again. Can Dante overcome his grief and unravel the secrets Sarah is hiding in time to protect and rescue her?

No Ordinary Billionaire was Kindle Unlimited most downloaded book of 2015 - Congratulations Author J.S.Scott

Natalie's Review 

If you have read The Billionaire's Christmas, you will be familiar with the Sinclair men. This is Dante's story. Returning to Amesport after being injured and witnessing his partner die, Dante feels like he does not deserve to live.

It should have been me who died. Patrick had a wife, a teenage son who was left behind without a father.

Trying to pick up the pieces he struggles to overcome the grief that he feels. When Sarah walks into his life he is angry, he doesn't need a babysitter and at first doesn't take well to his on call doctor. Soon we see though that the chemistry and passion between them is hard to ignore.

Sarah shook her head slowly, unable to break away from his enthralling eyes and powerful grip around her waist. Honestly, she wasn't sure she wanted to. Even injured, Dante seemed to pulsate with raw power and dominance that drew her to get perilously close to him.

I was completely pulled into this story and finished with a massive smile on my face and eager for the next book. I don't think anything could draw me away from the Obsession series but i think the Sinclair men have me firmly hooked. I cannot wait for Jared.

A Scorchingly hot 5 Stars from me.


So there you have my best books from 2015  Thank you so much to all the wonderful authors i look forward to a fantastic 2016 

Natalie xx

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Reads/Reviews xx love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing these great books. Your reviews are very informative and helpful when someone is trying to choose what to read.

    ReplyDelete