Thursday, 17 July 2014

NEW RELEASE & Review - One Night Promised, Jodi Ellen Malpas


Synopsis 

Livy notices him the moment he walks into the coffee shop. He's heart-stoppingly stunning, with a blue-eyed gaze so piercing she's almost too distracted to take his order. When he walks out the door, she thinks she'll never see him again. Then she finds the note he left on his napkin . . . signed M.

All he wants is one night to worship her. No feelings, no commitment - nothing but pleasure. Every defense mechanism Livy has adopted during her solitary life is at risk of being obliterated by this confounding man. He's obnoxious but well-mannered. He's a gentleman but aloof. He's passionate but emotionless. Yet the fascination is so powerful, Livy can't deny him...or herself.

M awakens something in Livy, something deep and addicting that she never knew existed-and that she fears only he can satisfy. But she senses that behind the fast cars, fancy suits, and posh apartment, he's aching inside.

To have him, body and soul, she'll have to brave his dark secrets. Delving into his world and breaking down his defences becomes her obsession - an obsession that could shatter her heart beyond repair... 
Natalie's Review
I don't know about you, but when an author i love starts a new series i always worry it wont live up to the previous one, This Man for me is one of my fave series ever, the question i asked myself was am i ready to allow another man of Jodi's into my heart, well after reading this book the answer is a big fat YES!!!!!!!

Lets start at the beginning, Livi is all over the place, her behaviour is erratic, you just want to grab her and give her a good shake and tell her to calm down, loosen up and have some fun, then in walks M, and Livy turns to a pile of mush, she is at his mercy and you feel like you want to grab her and say slow down, think about it, he makes her turn 180 and become this whole other person, by the end of the book i wasn't sure if i wanted old Livy or new

Now M, wonderful, glorious M, everyone one loves a bad boy they want to fix, make them see the error of their ways, and instantly i loved him, i loved his demands, his control of everything, but i especially loved how it all played out, I want my own M he is Mmmmmmmm (insert dreamy sigh)
There was only one minor thing i wasnt keen on, being where he holds her neck when they walk , it kept putting me off him a little as it seemed too possesive and controlling, but it didnt take away from the story, i cant wait for the next instalment to hit my hands


5 Glorious Stars from me 

Alicia's Review

Where to start? Wowsers, Jodi has done it again! She's shared one of her men, and let me tell you, M is HOT! Like steamy hot, as in I think I need a share in a batteries company otherwise she may just make me skint. 

I'm going to be honest... I guessed the ending straight from the get go... I think I drove Natty crazy keep messaging her with my guesses but I was too excited because I knew it would lead to amazing things if I was right. Okay so I didn't guess the full ending and I can't say I still know if I'm 100% right but I know I'm looking forward to all that I think will come if I am! 

Livi was an unusual character for me in the respect that I couldn't connect with her straight away. At times she made me want to throw my iPad against the wall and other times I wanted to hug her. 

M makes Livi become a character that I could connect with. It was like watching her grow up right before my eyes. She goes from weakling to strong throughout the book and that invested me in her as a character. 

The secrets and twists that I know to expect by JEM as this series continues is going to blow me away. I already know that and I'm already desperately needing book two!

JEM has a way to pull you in, toss you around, make you mad, make you swoon, make you reach for the hubster/vibrator (depending on which is closest ;) ) and make you fall in love with the crazy men that live in her head. 

The secondary characters in this book are just as fabulous as we would expect from Jodi. She doesn't do things by half so you know they're going to be great, just like the whole book is!

This girl is eagerly awaiting for more M and if it was down to me, no questions need be asked, one night with M? HELL TO THE YES!! 

4.5 Mmmm marvolous stars!!

About The Author 

Jodi Ellen Malpas was born and raised in the Midlands town of Northampton, England, where she lives with her two boys. Working for her father’s construction business full time, she tried to ignore the lingering idea of writing until it became impossible. She wrote in secret for a long time before finally finding the courage to unleash her creative streak, and in October 2012 she released This Man. She took a chance on a story with some intense characters and sparked incredible reactions from women all over the world. She's now a proud #1  New York Times and Sunday Times Best selling author.
Writing powerful love stories and creating addictive characters have become her passion - a passion she now shares with her devoted readers.

You can find Jodi on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment