Saturday, 8 February 2014

Finding Me by SK Hartley blog tour

FindingMe_TourBannerSynopsis


The lines are blurred between what is real and what isn't, the darkness that was once a place I feared was now a place of safety. If I stayed in the darkness, the hellish reality of what was truly happening no longer seemed real.
But I was about to be pulled out from under the consuming blanket of dark shadows, and plunged into the murky depths of my past. I was about to be shown my demons and all it's evil sides, all of it's pain and grief. I could only hope I survive it.
What happens when the world you once knew crumbles and falls at your feet? Who will find me? Who will save me from my demons?
My dark prince or my white knight...
And will I find myself in the process.
Buy Now
FM TEST 2  
(Insert Buy Links Here)
add-to-goodreads-button31
Teaser
"Neva, don't walk away from me!" Logan spits.
He is angry. What right did he have to be angry with me? I wasn't the one flirting with another girl. Why was he even here anyway? "Go away, Logan!" I say, walking faster.
Suddenly my arms are latched to my back and I am being spun around. My heartbeat picks up around twenty notches as I come eye to eye with Logan.
"Why the hell are you always running from me? I can't take it when you run from me!"
"I'm not doing this now. Let me go." I say, trying to get my wrist free from his grasp.
"No, we are doing this now. Why the hell did you run?"
"We're all running from something, Logan." I spit, repeating Dex's words.
"You still don't get it do you? How much clearer do I need to be for you to understand that I'm not going anywhere? I have been in love with you for ten years, Neva! Ten years. It isn't just going to go away!"
"I never asked you to love me! Why are you doing this to me?"
 "Because I hate seeing you fall and not get back up. I want to be the one to catch you, but you keep pushing me away!"
"What do you want from me?" I whisper.
"You. Just you. All of you. Every broken piece."
I bow my head. He releases my wrists from behind my back, and they drop to my side. I can't give him what he wants. I just can't do it. I will break him. Christ, I break myself on a daily basis.
"I can't give you that." I say, taking a step back.
"I'm not giving you up without a fight, Neva. You can't just walk away from us!"
"I am protecting you the only way I know how."
"I don't need protecting. What part of me looks like it needs protecting?"
"Your heart." I whisper. I gulp back the tears that were begging to release. I would not cry. But every time I pushed back that feeling, it hurt just a little bit more.
"You're breaking it right now." He whispers, taking a step towards me.
"I will break it over and over again, Logan. My nightmares will hurt you, my fear of people being ripped away from me will gut you, and my anxiety will spike yours."
"I can take pain, Neva. I had dealt with it for the past three weeks. I would rather have the pain with you, than without you."
"I … I." The words are at the tip of my tongue. Waiting to release, but I know if I say them, everything will change. Nothing will be the same and I will drag him into the pit of hell where my heart lies and my nightmares are real.
"I can't."

Alicia's Review

I was so waiting for this book to release. After reading Finding Me I was in desperate need to know what happened. What a cliff hanger it left us with.

Finding You picks up right where Finding Me finished and I have to say its amazing. The turnabout of how Neva manages to gain courage just blew me away. She grew strength, I was like reading her mature before my very eyes. 

But then she went back to her old self. At times, Neva made me want to throw my iPad against the wall. I found myself shouting at the book!

'Open your goddamn eyes, Neva and see what Logan needs and wants.' - she can be very selfish when it came to his feeling. She always felt like she was protecting his heart when in actual fact she was the one shredding his heart to pieces. 

Logan has been my favourite since book one. I liked Angel but not as much as Logan. Angel redeems himself in Finding You in some ways which made me like him a little more, just not enough.

This series has some great twists and turns in it and it had me glued to the pages. I needed to know the outcome.

I give this book 4 stars.

Amanda's review

I have been patiently (okay not so patiently) waiting for this book by SK Hartley, and boy I tell you it did not disappoint.

Let me start off by saying I wanted Neva to be with Logan from the beginning, I never liked Angel for her, yes he was sweet but something just felt off for me, and after the ending of Finding You, man do I know now.  Neva, she has redeemed herself a lot in this book to me, because in Finding You, I couldn't stand her and at the end of the book my thought was you had it coming... but with saying that, she finally stood up for herself and showed me that she wasn't just some little bitch that could be pushed around.  She goes through Hell in book 2 and my heart breaks for her.

Angel, well my heart breaks for him to, having to grow up with the shell of a man as a father, a man whose been shaken to his very core, and you find out that maybe things weren't always as they seemed for Neva and Tate... maybe their hero wasn't really as great as they once thought.  But in saying that... Angel is suppose to love Neva... I am just saying no matter how scared I am I would walk through the gates of Hell to bring my loved one away from it, but not Angel he walked into the gates of hell with her on his arm...

Logan man what can I say about Logan?  I love Logan, he's the guy everyone wants, but he doesn't feel like he's good enough for the one person he wants.  He wants Neva so badly it hurts, and he will do whatever he can to have her. 

Do Logan and Neva get together in the end?  I suppose you'll have to read to find out.

4.5 stars from me 
  MeetTheAuthor
SK Hartley Pic
S.K. Hartley is a mother, wife and a writer. Based in the not so sunny North West of England you can find her either glued to her computer desk, in the public library (Yes, they do still exist!) or floating around her favourite authors books signings.
S.K. Hartley has an unhealthy obsession with coffee, chocolate and retro computer games and a healthy obsession of stalking indie authors.
Buy Now
Finding You New Cover
Giveaway
FINDING ME JACKET
Hosted by:
EJ Button
 

No comments:

Post a Comment