Tuesday, 4 February 2014

BLOG TOUR: Tainted by KA Robinson.



Synopsis

Part One: Facing My Demons
Drake lost everything the day Chloe walked away from him. Feeling angry and hurt by her abandonment, he dives deeper into his cocaine use. Each day becomes a struggle for him. After his band is picked up by a recording studio in Los Angeles, things go from bad to worse. What happens to a man who has lost everything he ever truly cared about?

Part Two: Learning to Love Again
When Drake showed up on Chloe’s doorstep, begging for forgiveness, she couldn’t turn him away. To Chloe, loving Drake is like breathing and she couldn’t bring herself to let him go again.
But what happens next? Follow Chloe and Drake as they learn to forgive and heal together.
Will Drake’s fame get in the way of their happily ever after? Or is love enough to keep them together?

The epic conclusion to Drake and Chloe’s story.

Goodreads link: http://bit.ly/19HjXln


Excerpt

I looked up when a pretty blonde in a short red dress approached our table. 
She gave me a coy smile as she leaned down. “I’m Carrie. Want to dance?” she whispered in my ear. 
She had the same hair color and a name that started with a C. It was as close to Chloe as I was going to get tonight, so I nodded. I followed her to the dance floor and pulled her tight against me as she started to move to the music. My eyes closed as I felt her ass rubbing against my dick. It had been so long since I’d even thought about sex, and this girl was doing everything right. 
I spun her around until she was facing me, and I pulled her tight against me. I let my hands roam until they were cupping her ass. Reaching between us, she grabbed my dick through my pants and moaned. Yeah, this girl knew exactly what she was doing. I was hard as a rock as she moved her hand up and down. 
“Want to get out of here?” she asked. 
“Fuck yeah.” I leaned down and kissed her. 
She took my hand and led me through the crowd and out a back door. She obviously knew her way around this place. Instead of walking toward the street to hail a taxi, she led me farther down the dark alley. Warning bells might have gone off if everything wasn’t so fuzzy in my head. In the dim lighting, she looked just like Chloe. By the time she pushed me up against the wall, I was convinced that she was Chloe. 
She unzipped my pants and pushed them down, before sticking her hand inside. When she started stroking me, I moaned. 
“God, Chloe. That feels so good.” 
“I’m not Chloe. I’m Carrie,” she said in an irritated voice. 
“Mmhmm,” I said. 
She went to unbutton my shirt. When I felt her tongue flick against one of my nipples, I nearly came in my pants. It had been so long since we’d been together. 
“I love you, Chloe, so much.” 



Alicia's Review

I remember when KA first released Torn then Twisted. I was soooo excited and read them straight away. I loved, loved, loved these books but when I came to the end of Twisted I was gutted. I felt like a big chunk was missing and like the ending fell flat. 

When KA announced doing a third book I was over the moon. I always felt like too much was missing and the ending was rushed in Twisted so it was exactly what I wanted. 

KA did not disappoint! Tainted is the best of the series. The connection between the characters is stronger, the draw to pull me in was there straight away, the missing bits was filled in, the love harder, the series is complete. 

Tainted is in three parts. The first part is everything that happened to Drake before the ending of Twisted. In them months when he sorted himself out before the epilogue. It's all from his POV so we get into his head and feel his feelings at the time. Part one ends where Twisted did.

Part two is their new beginning. It's everything that's tried to get in their way, tried to come between them. It's about building their lives together again and falling deeper in love. 

Drake and Chloe always had a strong connection so it was great reading them build that connection again and see their love blossom. 

Part three is short, only one chapter, it's exactly how a series should end. It's everything Twisted wasn't. 

I love this series. It's brilliant. KA is a fantastic author and one who I will always support. I know that each new release she does I will be purchasing, downloading and reading on release day. 

I give Tainted 5 stars.





Author Bio

K.A. Robinson is the New York Times and USA Today Best Selling Author of The Torn Series and Shattered Ties. She lives in West Virginia with her husband and toddler son. When she isn't writing, she loves to read dystopian, zombie, and New Adult books. She has an addiction to Caribou and Starbucks coffee.

Author Links

@karobinsonautho
Novelisting: http://bit.ly/1fThlls

Mailing list:



Purchase Links

Amazon: US | UK
Other books by K.A Robinson
The Ties Series:
Shattered Ties: http://amzn.to/1dhVZk2

Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment