Wednesday, 5 February 2014

BLOG TOUR - A Girl by Any Other Name by MK Schiller 2/5


19402890

Title: A Girl By Any Other Name   
Author: MK Schiller
Publisher: Totally Bound
Genre: Romantic suspense
Publication Date: 12th January 2014
Synopsis:
Everyone tells him he needs to move on, but how can a man function without his heart?
Ten-year-old Caleb Tanner wants nothing to do with Sylvie Cranston, the annoying weird girl who moves next door to him and gets him in trouble for swearing. But at twelve, they become friends when he teaches her how to hook a fishing line and she shows him the value of a selfless act. At fourteen, he falls in love with her.
At sixteen, she dies.
Or so he’s told. But Cal never believes it. Sylvie has become part of his soul. He knows her like the steady beating of his own heart. He’d know if she was dead. Cal looks for her, prays for her and finally he just waits for her.
Nine years later, she walks into the community college English class Cal is teaching. Only this girl claims her name is Sophie Becker and she doesn’t know him. Cal knows better. He’s determined to get the girl he loves back—and protect her from the danger that took her away all those years ago.

Alicia's Review:
This is a truly beautiful book. The emotions that will run through you will twist your insides. At times I'd be so heartbroken that I'd have to stop reading just to catch my breath. 
It's a book about true love. Never forgetting that love and bond with the person you know is your whole soul even when they're no longer living. 
It's show's strength in love. Even love from a young age but still a strong love. 
Cal is a sweetheart. A true southern gentleman. He was always brought you to know how to treat a woman right. His father was a big influence in his life but his whole family unit has a special bond that sets off the sense of strong love. 
Sophie suffered some terrible, heart wrenching events in her life that stole everything. She lost her mother at a young age to 'cancer' so never really had that mother figure to help when it came time for her to grow in to a young lady. It was Cal that helped her. He knew she needed someone to help her that wouldn't embarrass her. His mother was one to never let him down. 
Sophie became a member of his family in all their eyes. She had a strong bond with Cal's sister, Mandy as soon as she moved in next door with her father. Cal and Sophie's bond grew over the years but the connection was always there between them. They soothed each other's souls when needed and was each other's strength when they needed to be strong. 
Cal blames himself for Sophie's death, so many what ifs... He just has to convince himself that she really is dead. 
The book flits from past to present which I loved. It gives you their history whilst giving you hope for the present. 
I give this book 4 beautiful stars.

Book Links:

Author Bio – MK Schiller
I am a hopeless romantic in a hopelessly pragmatic world. I have a full time life and two busy teenagers, but by night, I sit by the warm glow of my computer monitor, and attempt to conjure up passionate heartwarming stories with plenty of humor.
I started imagining stories in my head at a very young age. In fact, I got so good at it that my best friend asked me to make up stories featuring her as the heroine and the boy she currently liked as the hero. We'd spend hours on the phone while I came up with a series of unrealistic, yet tender events led the object of her desire to finally profess his love. You've heard of fan fiction... this was friend fiction.
Even with that, it took many years to realize I could produce an actual full length book that readers would enjoy. I try to make my stories humorous, realistic, with characters who are flawed but redeeming. I hope you enjoy my stories and never stop searching for your happily ever after.
Author Links:
Author Links:

Also by MK Schiller:
The Other C-Word:
The Do-Over:

EXCERPT 

She cupped her hand over her mouth. “Did you just quote Mr Darcy?”
“I did. You see I can appreciate art, but I prefer the written word to the visual experience. So please allow me to paint a picture for you.” I cleared my throat. “‘I have faults enough, but they are not, I hope, of understanding. My temper I dare not vouch for. It is, I believe, too little yielding—certainly too little for the convenience of the world. I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offences against myself. My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever.’” I finished the Darcy monologue with another bow.
“Holy hell, that was hot.”
I stood, grinning at her, backing her farther against the wall, a hand on either side of her head, in our own little world. “That turned you on, my love? Let me assure you, it’s just the tip of my knowledge base. Would you prefer poetry? Maybe Keats, Wordsworth or Blake? How about the female perspective? Emily Dickinson, perhaps? I know them all. I can sonnet you all night. And yes, I use the term as a verb because the way I do it is an action.”
She waved her hand in front of her face, fanning herself. “All night?” she asked, arching her brow, a sexy smile curling her lips.
“I have plenty of material. I hold a Master’s in literature, and words are my medium of choice.”
“I think you may have just mastered me, sir.”
I jerked my head towards the exit. “Shall we take our leave?”
“Yes,” she whispered.



No comments:

Post a Comment