Monday, 20 January 2014

REVIEW - Brutally Beautiful by Christine Zolendz

Brutally Beautiful (Beautiful #1) by Christine Zolendz

20271650

Synopsis: 

A deadly game of hide and seek.

With blood still on her hands, Samantha Matthews is on the run, running from dark secrets and a man she prays to God will never find her. Running and hiding, just to stay alive. She had no choice but to run, to leave, to hide and forget about her life before. When Samantha believes she's gained enough distance from her past and her demons, she stops running, hoping to find her future in the heavily wooded area of the Adirondack Mountains, a place she never expected to encounter a man with secrets as dark and as sordid as hers.

Kade Grayson is hiding, not from the demons after him, but from himself and from the entire outside world, wishing every day he could have just died. Arrogant and domineering, he’s tormented and terrorized by his past, seeing nothing good for his future. With the ghosts of his past still haunting him, he has exiled himself to a life of solitude, only living for his words and through his stories.

Until her.

An undeniable attraction, turns into hate and then ultimately obsession, an obsession that grows into a powerful story of love and redemption.

Will the bond they have begun to build between them grow stronger than the tragedies that have scarred both of their lives? Or will they allow their demons to consume them?


Brittany's Review: 

5+++++ Stars!!!

I don't even know where to begin with my review. This book blew me away, words can't even begin to describe how wonderful this book is. Christine Zolendz is such an amazing author. I have read her first series, so I already knew that I wouldn't be disappointed with Brutally Beautiful, but she went over and beyond with this story. I give a standing ovation to this book! It is beautifully written and made so many emotions run rampant in me.

Beautiful, savage, horrifying, heart wrenching and absolutely raw all come to mind for this book as well as so many other words. The pain that each character feels is so deep, that the scars they live with are written all over their faces, but somehow to manage to make it through life each day. The events that take place in Brutally Beautiful are events that happen to people in life, and it is tragic. To read a story that involves tragedy can be so hard, but put perspective on our own lives that so many of us take for granted each and every day. We never really know anyone's story, so we should be careful of judging others.

Samantha is running from her past and thankfully she has her best friend along to help her get through things. They end up at a strip bar in the middle of no where. Who would have ever guessed that things could get so complicated for them there, but nothing in life is ever easy. Samantha and Jen change their names to Lainey and Bree. They decide to settle down near this strip bar hoping that they can go undiscovered. Everything seems to be going good, they are working as waitress's in the strip bar, and living in the trailer park right down the road. Samantha never expected for Kade to come walking in one night, and the catch, he is the brother of Dylan who is the owner of the place. Bree is hitting it off great with him in fact.

Kade is dark, handsome, and a complete mystery. The problem, he has danger screaming all over him but she can't deny the strange pull she has to him. Kade has seen more than any man ever could imagine to see and lives in his own personal hell. He likes to keep to himself and avoid others, but that all changes when he meets Samantha.

Brutally Beautiful truly is a beautiful book, and I highly recommend everyone to read it as soon as you can. It is a book you won't want to put down. You will find yourself sucked in quickly and unable to stop thinking about it once you finish. I will admit, there is a part in the end that had my heart beating fast, my pulse roaring my ears, and my hand covering my mouth. I couldn't believe what I had just read. I thought I might scream from anger, and pain all wrapped into one. I kept repeating "shit, fuck, that did not just happen", all while my husband just looked at me like I was crazy but I held it together and was so pleased I had done so. You won't be disappointed with how it ends. I can't wait for Cold Blooded Beautiful to come out! Christine please, please don't stop writing. I will always want more of your amazing stories!! <3

Author Links: 

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448939.Christine_Zolendz
https://www.facebook.com/ChristineZol

Purchase Links: 

http://www.amazon.com/Brutally-Beautiful-Christine-Zolendz-ebook/dp/B00HOKH5OS
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brutally-Beautiful-Christine-Zolendz/dp/1494292939
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/brutally-beautiful-christine-zolendz/1117916255?ean=9781494292935

No comments:

Post a Comment