Wednesday, 8 January 2014

BLOG TOUR: Beck by Harper Sloan

 Beck
Harper Sloan
Book 3 - Corps Security Series
  
 
 **Warning** This book is intended for a mature reading**

~DEE~
I’ve always been good at wearing masks. Not letting anyone see the real me. I’m content being the happy-go-lucky best friend. The strong willed boss. The independent woman who doesn’t need a man.
But the truth is I’m just as broken as the rest of you. I’m terrified that all it will take is one person to make all my carefully constructed walls crumble into fine dust. So I guard my heart with everything I have. Determined to never let anyone get close enough to hurt me again.
All is perfect until HE walks into my life. No… he doesn’t just walk. He struts his good-looking, sex-oozing self-right into my space and demands that I see HIM. Making me want what I know I can’t have.
So I did the only thing I know how to do.
I run.
But he just won’t let me go.

~BECK~
The second I see her, I know she will be mine. I see past the gorgeous smiles and heart-stopping laughter. I see HER. She doesn’t want me to know her secrets or the past that haunts her, but I make it my mission to find out.
To make her mine.
She can run all she wants, but it will never be far enough to stop me from coming after her.
She’s it for me and she knows it.
She’s just too scared to admit it.

**NO cliffhanger, HEA, inter-connected standalones**



Alicia’s Review:

When Marimba Rhythms start to play
Dance with me, make me sway
Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
Hold me close, sway me more

Like a flower bending in the breeze
Bend with me, sway with ease
When we dance you have a way with me
Stay with me, sway with me

**Runs around throwing gold glitter everywhere**

You think I’m crazy? Maybe I am and it’s all Harper Sloan’s fault! Yep you read that right. Harper has sent me doodally. Well more doodally than I already am.

**WARNING MAJOR FREAKOUT BELOW**

HOLY SHIT, FUCK, HOW? WHAT? WHY? DID I JUST READ THAT? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! THAT CAN’T HAVE HAPPENED.
HARPER HAS JUST DESTROYED ME!
DESTROYED MEEEEEEEE!!
I’M BROKEN! I’M STUNNED BEYOND BELIEF.
SERIOUSLY, DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?
FUCK NO! I’M PLUGGING MY EARS… LALALALALALA
I’M COVERING MY EYES. NOT READING, I CAN’T SEE IT SO IT CAN’T BE HAPPENING.
WHY, OH WHY, OH WHY?

Okay and breathe…. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale.
Have you ever read a book that physically hurts your soul? That is so emotionally charged that you can’t be sure you’re going to make it out alive? That is so devastatingly amazing that you have had your mind blown? So gut-wrenching that you don’t think you can continue? So heartbreaking that you can’t actually breathe?

No?

Well, Beck is one of them books.

When a book is so emotionally charged it attaches to your mind, heart and soul and doesn’t release you then you know you’re being destroyed. It will put you in to such a mahoosive book hangover.

Be prepared to abandon all your chores. Phone in work sick. Leave the partner to fend for the family. You won’t be putting this book down until you’ve read that last page… Wait, that’s a lie. You will put it down very often but only to catch your breath and to grab some more tissues. You WILL ugly cry whilst reading Beck. You WILL hurt physically. You WILL do all this but still not be able to not read on.

Pretty much from point go I was emotional. Dee’s story is so sad. Beck is so strong. Dee is hurting. Beck is hurting for Dee. Dee is suffering and fighting and struggling alone. Beck is fighting for Dee without her realising-she isn’t alone. They are one soul in two beings. They belong together but can Dee pull through all she’s hiding and suffering from? Can Beck stay strong enough to keep this fight going?

READ IT AND YOU WILL FIND OUT!! Lol

What amazes me is that Harper can give us such a devastating read but still include some humour in there. Still give us so much love for not only Dee and Beck but ALL the characters in this series.

The twists and turns are not something you could ever guess. Please don’t ask people to tell you what is so shocking with Beck. To truly feel every emotion Harper put into this book for you to feel you need to go in reading it as she meant for you to feel it. Without knowing what is going to happen. You need to feel it as Harper intended.

I can’t tell you how much I love this series. There are no words to express it!

We only give rating of up to 5 stars… fuck that! This book needs more.

I give Beck a devastatingly, glittery, amazing 6 stars!!

Jenn's Review:

Every once in a while you find a series of books and you just know that you are going to love every single one of them, that is the way Harper Sloan’s Corps Security series is for me. I have been waiting for Beck ever since the beginning because I just knew there was going to be an amazing story between him and Dee, and damn was I right. This was one of the most emotional books I have ever read. I went thru an entire box of Kleenex while I was reading it, the dishes didn’t get washed, I went on a cooking strike, nothing was getting done until I finished Beck. I have never read anything that has hit me as hard as this did. This book was packed full of emotion, love, humor, hot alpha males, and everything else that we have come to love and expect for Harper Sloan’s books. I am in awe of the way that Harper Sloan managed to portray Dee. I love how she was able to capture the emotion of her struggle and show what a strong woman she was even while she was facing her demons. Beck was also equally amazing in the way that he stood by Dee and never gave up on her. As always the rest of the guys and Izzy make their appearances in the book and you know Sway has got to be in there because everybody loves him and everybody needs a little Sway in their life. Now one thing I will say is that this book had more surprises to me than either of the previous books did but that just made it even better, even if I was ready to throw my Kindle across the room a couple of times. So go get your copy now and get ready for a story that is gonna pull at your heart, make you forget the rest of the world exists, and take you on the ride of your life.

I give this one 5 gold glittering stars!!!!!!!!!!!!

  
 
 
About The Author

Harper lives in small town Georgia just a short drive from her hometown of Peachtree City. She (and her 3 daughters) enjoy ruling the house they dubbed 'Estrogen Ocean', much to her husband’s chagrin. Harper has a borderline unhealthy obsession with books; you can almost ALWAYS find her with her ereader attached. As an ex-reviewer and blogger, Harper's passion for reading runs deep. It wasn't until 'Axel' decided to take up residence that she realized her true calling.

She started using writing as a way to unwind when the house went to sleep at night; and with a house full of crazy it was the perfect way to just relax. It didn't take long before a head full of very demanding alphas would stop at nothing to have their story told.

Social Links
  
Facebook Author Page: www.facebook.com/harpersloanbooks
Twitter: @harpersloan 
Instagram: @harper_sloan
  
Rafflecopter

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment