Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Watch What Burns by Kirsty-Anne Still

18721292


Synopsis

“It just seems like when everything starts to run smoothly, she causes the bumps to appear. I don’t want to have to worry every day, Tyler. There is no room for that woman in our life anymore.”


Austin Pearson found everything the day she walked back into the small town of Point Arena. She found forgiveness, love and the life she had grown up to believe she was destined for with Tyler. Even with scars that remind her of the past, Austin is empowered and forthright. No longer afraid to hide her feelings, or ignore what she knows is right. She trusts in her husband’s love and her family and nothing can change that.

When Natasha Truman begins to strike up an appearance in their lives again, still evidently living with a grudge and the belief that Tyler will love her again, Austin finds her entire life under threat. Even behind bars, Natasha is unstoppable at her attempts to make Austin doubt her life, her love and her future with the man she belongs with. What Natasha doesn’t realise is the girl she victimised years ago, no longer exists.

What happens when Natasha takes her plan to the next level, and finds that Austin is now a force that should not be reckoned with? What about when Tyler proves how little he cares for Natasha in order to protect his family?

After all, a lot can change in three years.



Natalie's Review

Ok I have such mixed feelings about this book, I loved the first book I thought it was awesome but my overall feeling was that the story was told and it should have been ended, I even messaged the author to say that she had more than enough of a back story to develop the secondary characters as I think Austin's brothers and sisters were so well developed! and unfortunately my opinion hasn't changed.

I'm not saying that I disliked this story because it was a fantastic book, it was filled with angst and suspense and had me hooked from the very first page, but it did feel at times like I was reading a very similar plot to the first book and I really wished that the author had explored the back story of sienna and Michael as I thought that could have been fun.

Ok back to the story, it picks up three years after the first book ended, Austin and Tyler are married and have a daughter Grace, Natasha is in prison for all the stuff she has done and is still very bitter towards Austin, even though Austin and Tyler are happy, Austin still lives with the scars that Natasha has left.

When Tyler receives letters from Natasha Austin knows that her life will never be normal while Natasha has any aspect of control over them.

What I absolutely loved about this book is how exciting it was, from about 70% in I was hooked I couldn't put it down it just built and built and built until the climax which was brilliant and I think this more than makes up for my initial concerns. 

Kirsty is an expert at bringing suspense and development of characters, in a couple of occasions it was a bit sickly sweet and did get a few eye rolls, but you feel connected you feel like your on a rollercoaster. 

What follows is a story filled full of emotion, hatred and vengeance against the couple and even behind bars Natasha will stop at nothing to get what she wants.

I give this book 4 stars


About the Author
 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Kirsty-Anne-Still/524455580934384?ref=ts&fref=ts

Giveaway 


Purchase links

Amazon. Com http://www.amazon.com/Watch-What-Burns-Kirsty-Anne-Still-ebook/dp/B00GNFYG42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387274575&sr=8-1&keywords=Kirsty+still

Amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/Watch-What-Burns-Kirsty-Anne-Still-ebook/dp/B00GNFYG42/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_kin?ie=UTF8&qid=1387274704&sr=8-1&keywords=Watch+what+burns

No comments:

Post a Comment