Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard blog tour

Author: Sylvain Reynard 
Title: Gabriel’s Redemption (Gabriel’s Inferno Series #3) 
Publisher: Penguin Berkley 

Summary: 

From the author of the New York Times bestsellers Gabriel’s Rapture and Gabriel’s Inferno comes the epic conclusion to the captivating romantic trilogy.

Professor Gabriel Emerson has left his position at the University of Toronto to embark on a new life with his beloved Julianne. Together, he’s confident that they can face any challenge. And he’s eager to become a father.

But Julianne’s graduate program threatens Gabriel’s plans, as the pressures of being a student become all consuming. When she is given the honor of presenting an academic lecture at Oxford, Gabriel is forced to confront Julianne about the subject of her presentation—research that conflicts with his own. And in Oxford, several individuals from their past appear, including an old nemesis intent on humiliating Julia and exposing one of Gabriel’s darkest secrets.

In an effort to confront his remaining demons, Gabriel begins a quest to discover more about his biological parents, beginning a chain of events that has startling repercussions for himself, Julianne, and his hope of having a family.

Alicia’s Review:

Oh Em Gee! Wow. I was one of the many fans who screamed, cried and begged for another book in this series. And let me tell you, Sylvain did not disappoint. The excitement I felt when Sylvain announced he was writing Gabriel’s Redemption was out of this world. I very nearly peed my pants!

Okay on to the story. One thing I love about Sylvain’s writing is you get drawn into that world and learn so much. I’ve never been one to read historical type books before but the things I learnt about Dante and Beatrice is amazing. I even found myself looking for more info on their story just because I fell in love with that world.

So many laugh out loud moments in Gabriel’s Redemption but also sad moments, heart-warming moments and some filth. Yes filth! Passion, heat, sensual and adoring. You will feel all of these. I laughed, cried, happy-tears-cried, swooned, learned and happy sighed.

The characters are as marvellous as always. I love them all bar a couple whom, although got their comeuppance, I didn’t feel like true justice had been served! Christa is a witch! Lol

Gabriel’s Redemption isn’t based on a happily ever after as such. It’s based on the struggles couples go through in married life – actually not just when married but couples go through every day. The differences of life choices comes into play which you both have to work on in order to achieve everything you ever wanted.

Gabriel was his normal, lovely self. He had me swooning so many times that I think I could have become a helium balloon for the day. I was so light-headed after some of his words, his actions and just his love for Julianne. Of course when we read we take on that lead female role so every little touch was mine, his lovely words were for me and his humour made my day! He is perfection!

There was one moment, one man, that left me wondering what and who is was. Everything else was wrapped up nicely and tied with a giant bow. The good thing about not finding out who this man was/is? I believe we have a lot more to come of him in Sylvain’s new series – work in progress. The other good thing about that? Sylvain has announced the series will tie together in a way so hopefully we’ll see a little of Gabriel and Julia in the new series.

5 stars baby!! 


Amanda’s Review:

Let me just start off with THANK YOU Sylvain. I was so looking forward to this book, as I was one of the fans begging for it, and you again did not disappoint. I myself was never really into the historical world of Dante and his inferno, but after this book I have found myself thrown into the world of wanting to know Dante and Beatrice. I love how you created a world from Gabriel and Julianne and made them a newfound Dante and Beatrice story. Sylvain's writing it excellent and highly commendable.

I love how Gabriel and Julia offer Richard his home back again, and how he is comforted by Grace's presence in the home, and that Gabriel gives back to his father as his father has always given for Gabriel. Rachel is still the same old Rachel and I love that about her, all of the supporting characters are there and are still their quirky selves. I hate Christa more than I ever have, is it possible to hate a fictional character? Well thank you Sylvain for making that possible because I HATE her!

I love that the book shows that being married takes work, that it isn't all roses and chocolates and love like everyone makes it out to be, and Gabriel and Julia both have to stand down off their high horses to give and take so their marriage works. Over all this book was amazing and well worth the highly anticipated wait I went through :)

5 stars.

Bio: 

I'm interested in the way literature can help us explore aspects of the human condition - particularly suffering, sex, love, faith, and redemption.

My favourite stories are those in which a character takes a journey, either a physical journey to a new and exciting place, or a personal journey in which he or she learns something about himself/herself.

I'm also interested in how aesthetic elements such as art, architecture, and music can be used to tell a story or to illuminate the traits of a particular character. In my writing, I combine all of these elements with the themes of redemption, forgiveness, and the transformative power of goodness.

I try to use my platform as an author to raise awareness about the following charities: Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation, WorldVision, Alex's Lemonade Stand, and Covenant House. For more information, see my Twitter account.

Purchase Links: 

Amazon US - http://www.amazon.com/Gabriels-Redemption-Inferno-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B00CDUVUP4/ref=la_B007SXMDRK_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384478641&sr=1-1
Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gabriels-Redemption-Gabriel-Sylvain-Reynard-ebook/dp/B00D65GLH2/ref=la_B007SXMDRK_1_1_bnp_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386675633&sr=1-1
Amazon Paperback - http://www.amazon.com/Gabriels-Redemption-Inferno-Trilogy/dp/0425266516/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1384478641&sr=1-1
Barnes & Nobel Nook - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/gabriels-redemption-sylvain-reynard/1115131253?ean=9780425266519
Barnes & Nobel Paperback - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/gabriels-redemption-sylvain-reynard/1115131253?ean=9780425266519
iTunes iBook - https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/gabriels-redemption/id636762096?mt=11
Chapters Indigo Paperback - http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/gabriels-redemption/9780425266519-item.html?ikwid=Gabriel%27s+Redemption&ikwsec=Home&gcs_requestid=0COi50ZLR5boCFYLy5wodWVoAAA
Chapters Indigo Kobo -  http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/gabriels-redemption/9781101616697-item.html?ikwid=Gabriel%27s+Redemption&ikwsec=Home&gcs_requestid=0COi50ZLR5boCFYLy5wodWVoAAA


Social Media Accounts:

Website - http://www.sylvainreynard.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AuthorSylvainReynard
Twitter - https://twitter.com/sylvainreynard
Goodreads -  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16247792-gabriel-s-redemption

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment