Sunday, 8 December 2013

BLOG TOUR - The Game - Shawnte Borris 9/12



Title: The Game – Kirsten Backhard

Author: Shawnté Borris

Publication Date: 27th September 2013

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Hosted By: Luscious Laylah Release Day

 

Synopsis:

Kirsten Backhard is a highly respected senior negotiating executive based in Toronto. She plays with some of the most powerful men in her field. Kirsten is confident, sexy, and hell on heels. She fights with a straight face, doesn’t back down easily, and believes in using herASSets to get the deal done her way.

Kirsten loves toying with the game in a man’s world.

But is every angle of her life this easy to play? One night can easily change everything. What she thinks is all love and fairy tales quickly becomes highly overrated. Will Kirsten be able to overcome? Or will she remain the cool poker player? 


Jennifer's Review


“Love is most weak when there is more doubt that there is trust, but love is most strong when you learn to trust even with all the doubts.”

~Shawnte Borris - The Game~


This book is filled with tons of emotions.  While I was reading this I laughed, cried, and occasionally wanted to toss my Kindle across the room.  Kirsten is a highly respected senior negotiating executive who doesn’t take any shit from anyone.  Drew is Kirsten’s brother, Derek’s, friend and he and Kirsten have been having a secret relationship.  As the story begins Kirsten is confiding in Liz, her best friend, that she just caught Drew cheating.  Kirsten decides that she is not going to let a man hurt her ever again; from now on she will use them for sex and that is all she needs. Then Kirsten’s world begins to crumble even more when she learns that her best friend, Liz, is getting married.  Kirsten is happy for Liz but she knows that things will never be the same for them again.  Eventually Drew redeems himself when the truth finally comes out about what happened the night that Kirsten saw him with the other woman. As you learn more about Kirsten you can begin to understand why she is so protective of her heart and tried to close herself off from love.  This is one of those books that not only draws you in with the main characters but makes you fall in love with the secondary characters as well.  The style of writing was a little hard for me to really get into at the beginning of this book because I am a very visual person and I tend to like a little more descriptions in books.  However, the more I read and got to know the characters in this story I was hooked!  I am really looking forward to Shawnte Borris continuing this series so that I can find out what happens with Liz and Derek.  


I give this book 4 stars 


 

Book Links:

Amazon 

Goodreads

 

All about the Author: Shawnté Borris



 

Shawnté lives in central Alberta, with her husband Ricky of 10 amazing years and together they have two beautiful children. Somehow her husband has managed to trick her into running a cow/calf operation. As much as she fusses about it, she loves it.

When Shawnté is not sitting at her kitchen table hammering away on her laptop while watching the moose chase her cows across the yard, yes this really happens. Then she is busy attend school activities, community events and chauffeuring children here and there. She is big on playing softball and watching hockey.

When the time comes to relax, you will find her snuggled underneath her down comforter reading on her Ipad. Wait…who are we kidding, if the dishes, vacuuming, laundry or the bathrooms needs a hose down, you’ll always hear her say, “Just after this chapter.” She doesn’t have a favorite author or best story because everyday she falls in love with someone new.

Shawnté is technology challenged so you won’t find her on twitter (heaven knows she tried) or instagram – whatever this stuff is called.But she can work one hell of a Facebook page  thanks for her fictitious assistant Lacy. Please go like her page and leave a review/star rating on the books she’s wrote.

 

Author Links:

Facebook 

Website 

Twitter 

Goodreads 

Email - author.shawnteborris@gmail.com

 

Also by Shawnte Borris

With Love 

 

Please only choose 1 for your post

 

Excerpt

 

Getting waxed

 

I heard a phone ring, thinking it belonged to the

salonNope, not my luck. The crazy wax witch

answered her phone

wasn’t like I could cover shit with my hands…well,

except for my belly button.

“Hello?” I sat up, annoyed and pissed off. “Open

vagina here.”

“No, I not busy.” She lifted her phone away from

her to talk to me. “Two minutes.”

When I looked at those two pointed fingers, I

wanted to poke her eyes out with them. I was trying to

get up, but she kept pushing by vagina down.

“Wait, we do you hole next.”

Hole next? What the fuck? That was just over the

top, even for me, so I just started doing the ugly

pregnant laugh-cry. Even if I were to tell someone this

story…seriously, who would believe this shit? Fuck my

life!

 


 

 

1 comment:

  1. eToro is the ultimate forex broker for beginning and advanced traders.

    ReplyDelete