Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Release Day Blitz - Jade C. Jamison Backstage Passion



Synopsis:

 

No one writes a rock star book quite like Jade C. Jamison.  Four of her rock star novels and one short story are collected together for the first time ever as Backstage Passion.  From the local indie band scene to the famous multi-platinum album rock gods, from an innocent young woman playing lead vocalist to a cheating frontman, Jade weaves a story like no other.

 

Then Kiss Me:  Casey Williams has left a loveless marriage and is trying to rebuild her life.  She finds that, even though you can never go home again, you can find lust again, and she finds a love interest in Scott, her coworker.  She also discovers his secret, that he’s a drummer for a heavy metal band, and falls hard for him…just in time to find that, between his questionable friends and psychotic maybe-ex-girlfriend, he might not be the right guy for her.  But her heart beats like a drum for him, and she finds herself willing to play with fire to get closer.

 

Tangled Web:  Katie Logan has had a secret crush on her best friend Johnny Church since high school, but he’s never looked at her the same way. So when Johnny—now a famous rock-and-roll guitarist—comes home to visit, Katie can’t bring herself to tell him she’s engaged to be married. She should have, though, because she soon discovers that maybe the attraction is mutual…

 

MADversary:  Megan Walker doesn’t plan to attend her high school reunion, but her best friend Lisa begs her to come along.  Megan doesn’t want to risk running into her old boyfriend Tyler Green, a man who has since become rich and famous as thefrontman of a heavy metal band called Madversary.  Lisa convinces her that Tyler would never show up for something like a reunion, so Megan gives in, only to regret it.  Because when Tyler does show up, the spark reignites, and she doesnt know that she can bear letting him go again.

 

Be Careful What You Wish For:  Grad student Jessica is given an offer she plans to refuse—hundreds of dollars to try to seduce an angry wife’s maybe cheating husband.  But when the price just so happens to cover Jessica’s much-needed car repairs and she finds hot rocker Kage irresistible, she decides to give it a try, no matter the ultimate cost.


Excerpt from Backstage Passion:  MADversary

Jade C. Jamison

 

Megan saw a park bench a few feet away and started walking toward it.  She didn’t know what to say to Tyler.  She only knew that he harbored no feelings for her, while she still had hidden feelings she’d forgotten about.  She just wanted to go home and be alone.  She might cry in her pillow or lie awake for hours, but that didn’t matter.  She just needed to be by herself, whether she cried or not.  Finally, reaching the bench, she said, “Suityourself.  I’m afraid I won’t be much company, though.”

 

She caught his eyes and his were searching hers, looking for something.  She felt her lips part slightly as though she wanted to say something, but the words wouldn’t come out.  There was a dull, throbbing ache in her core, and she felt like she’d starve the rest of her life without tasting him again.  She took a deep breath of the cool night air and closed her eyes.  It would be okay.  Tyler Green would leave and her life would go back to normal.

 

But when she opened her eyes, Tyler’s nose was close to touching hers.  He was leaning over, his body close, and he wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her at the back.  “That’s too bad,” he said, “because I was hoping to spend a little more time with you.”

 

All air escaped her lungs as Tyler’s lips met hers, enveloping them in a kiss.  He was warm and electric, and she felt adrenaline rush through her veins, making her fingertips go numb and causing her to wake right back up.  This was not the kiss she remembered, though.  It was slow and sensual and, like the music he wrote today, more mature.  His tongue explored her mouth, and she felt her nipples grow rock hard in response.  But if she’d read Tyler right earlier, a kiss would be all she’d get.

 

So she planned to enjoy kissing him until her cab got there.  Her hands finally responded to her brain’s demands and she wrapped her arms around his neck.  He pulled her body right up to his, and Megan realized the Tyler Green of today was not the boy she’d dated back in high school.  There was nothing sweet about his kiss; it was ravenous and greedy.

 

She was nearly breathless when the cab arrived and she didn’t know how she managed to become aware that it was there.  She couldn’t bring herself to pull her body away from his, but she had to.

 

Tyler unlatched his lips from hers and whispered in her ear, “Should we tell the cab to beat it?”

 

That was all she needed to hear and it didn’t matter if she was just going to be the friend Tyler loved and left.  She needed him and she wanted him now.

 

Bullet:  An Epic Rock Star Novel.  What if you discover the man you want is toxic?

 

She’d tasted a little bit of heaven with him, and now they’ve gone through hell and back, but can their relationship take anymore?

 

Valerie Quinn is a naïve college freshman when she meets on-the-rise rock star Ethan Richards.  He’s an idealistic, handsome, reckless young man, but he’s captured her heart.  She doesn’t give up on him and eventually his walls crumble down.  By the time Valerie has given herself to him completely, she discovers he’s damaged and may be beyond help.  Can she save Ethan and their relationship before he implodes, or will he self-destruct and take her with him?



Excerpt from Backstage Passion:  Bullet

Jade C. Jamison

 

Clayton/ Jet stopped me before his band started loading their equipment onto the stage.  “Nice show, Valerie.  You stayin to watch?”

 

“We usually do.  Gotta support our friends, right?”

 

“That’s what I like to hear.”  He started walking up the stage.  “I’ll be playing tonight for you.”

 

Whoa.  That was heavy.  And here’s where having a secretboyfriend—if that was what I could even call Ethan—presented some trouble.  I couldn’t exactly tell him right there that I was seeing someone as he was walking away from me and my friends/ bandmates were right beside me.  But chances were this was the last of it.  I was just nice flirting material for him for the evening.

 

The four of us—Brad, Zane, Nick, and me—stood near the front.  Nick had his arm around the girl he’d been talking to earlier, and I was surprised he wasn’t already making out with her, knowing his track record.  I noticed the guitarist onstage looking around, and he kept it up until he spotted me.  He pointed his left index finger at me from under the shaft of his guitar and grinned at me.

 

Brad noticed, because he looked over at me, but he didn’t say a word.  I just looked back at him and tried to deliver as innocent a smile as I could.

 

My God, could those guys rock.  Jet—that’s who he was when his guitar was in his hand—was one of the best live guitarists I’d ever seen.  It was like he and his guitar were one.  His fingers were like liquid, gliding over the strings, even when he was shredding.  He was amazing to watch.  He was sexy too.  The energy he exuded, moving around the stage, singing backup when needed, looking down at me on occasion.  Those looks gave me chills.

 

But I had to push those thoughts out of my head.  Oh, my God.  It was true, everything my parents had ever told me.  I’d finally given in to my deepest desires, and now I was full of lust.

 

Honestly, though, I would have found him gorgeous before; in fact, I had.  And, no, I still wasn’t to the point where I wondered what he’d be like in bed.  No, but I did appreciate that he was a fine specimen of man.

 

When their show was over, they were lugging their equipment off stage so the last band could set up.  Brad said to the three of us, “I’m gonna check on Ethan.”

 

Yeah, where was he?  Brad was still gone when the fourth band started setting up, and after a few minutes, Last Five Seconds’sguitarist tracked me down.  His hair was damp, and he’d run his fingers through it, pulling it away from his face.  He was swigging on a bottle of water as he approached me.  “What’d you think?”

 

I smiled.  “Even better than the last time I saw you.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Can I give you some advice?”

 

I was curious.  “About what?”

 

“On stage.”

 

I was hesitant but wanted to know.  His band had been performing for a couple of years.  He had oodles more experience than I did.  I wanted to know.  “Sure.”

 

“You have a great voice, Valerie.  Not a lot of women can pull off metal.  And you do some great stuff with your voice.  But…I’d love to hear you scream more.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yeah…try a deep growl or just a crazy scream.  You don’t want to do it through the whole thing, but it could really punctuate a lot of the other cool shit you got goin’ on.”  I nodded my head.  “You ever hear In This Moment?”  I raised my eyebrows.  “You know, Maria Brink.”

 

“Oh, yeah.”

 

“There’s a woman knows how to do metal.”

 

“I’ll see what I can do.  Thanks.”

 

His eyes twinkled.  “I’ll be listening.”

 

I looked over for my remaining two bandmates.  Nick had disappeared, and Zane was talking to two girls beside him.  “So, seriously…do I call you Clayton or Jet?”

 

He got a huge grin on his face.  “Well, it depends.”

 

“On what?”

 

“Do you want me sweet or dirty?”

 

Oh.  Wow.  He really was pushing all the right buttons.  But I was a good girl.  “Well…considering I have a, uh, well, um, I’m kind of seeing somebody, I think I’ll have to take you sweet.”

 

He raised his eyebrows.  “Kind of seeing somebody?”

 

I’m not sure why I told him, but I said, “Yeah.  He’s my secret boyfriend.”

 

Secret boyfriend?  If you were with me, the whole world would know it.”

 

I wanted to change the subject.  My relationship with Ethan was off the table, and I didn’t want Zane overhearing our conversation anyway.  “You still didn’t answer my question.”

 

His eyes grew serious, but I could see the playfulness in them.  “Then I guess you’d better call me Clay.  You want the bad boy, ask for Jet.  He’ll come running, secret boyfriend or not.”

 

Author Bio:

 

BESTSELLING AMAZON AUTHOR

 

Jade C. Jamison was born and raised in Colorado, moved from one city/town to the next, and she’s decided she likes it so much she wants to stay…although travel is not out of the question.  She lives in a big town in Colorado (not unlike Winchester!) with her husband and four children.  She is working on becoming a crazy cat lady.  Okay, so maybe not.

 

Still want more?  Jade has a bachelor’s degree in English Literature and Theater, a master’s degree in English, and a master of fine arts in Creative Writing.  Obviously, she loves school and the student loan folks love her.  She works in human services by day, teaches English and creative writing at night, and—in between playing soccer mom and community leader—writes like a fiend.  Someday soon, she’ll narrow it down to just writing, but let’s get all those kids off to college first.

 

Goodreads Author Link:

 

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4876604.Jade_C_Jamison

 

Link to website:

 

http://www.jadecjamison.com/

 

Link to Facebook:

 

https://www.facebook.com/JadeCJamison

 

Link to Twitter:

 

http://www.twitter.com/JadeCJamison

 

Amazon Author Link:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Jade-C.-Jamison/e/B004XO696S/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

No comments:

Post a Comment