Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Melody Anne interview

With another release under her belt we thought we would inerview the wonderful lady Melody Anne



Melody Anne is the author of the popular series, Billionaire Bachelors, and Baby for the Billionaire. She also has a Young Adult Series out; Midnight Fire and Midnight Moon - Rise of the Dark Angel. She's been writing for years and published in 2011. She hold a bachelors degree in business, so she loves to write about strong, powerful, businessmen.

When Melody isn't writing, she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and pets. She lives in a small town that she loves, and is involved in many community projects.

She makes it a point to respond to all her fans. She looks forward to hearing from you and hopes you enjoy her stories.


Here it is lovelies Enjoy 

Island lovelies - The surrender series has been a massive success for you, were you surprised by the reaction?

Melody Anne - Very surprised!! I have been blessed to do really well in my writing career, but surrender took this to a whole new level!! I have been humbled and awed by all of this and hope it continues.

IL  It's a bit more steamy to your other series, is this the way forward for you?

MA Yes and no. I love to write different series, so I don't get bored. I am working on my Tycoon series now, and then will go back to the Andersons, and then have a secret surprise for you all. :) 

IL do you plan on writing another YA series? (I love love love the midnight series)

MA Not for now. I am looking at doing a New Adult series possibly, though. 

IL do you have a favorite Anderson, mine is Alex and Alicia's is any that starts with ander and ends with son

MA Haha, that is great. I would have to say Joseph :) 

IL your the only author that I know that goes out of your way to thank your fans, from gift cards, money and amazing prizes, your accountant must sweat every time you have a new release, but this is obviously something that is important to you?

MA Yes, I do make my team sweat!! I enjoy that. They love all the giveaways and the prizes. It's as much fun for my team to go shopping as it is for me to give it to you all. I would be nowhere without my fans, and I want you all to know that each and every day. You're important to me!!!

IL family is so important to you and this shows through into your writing with a strong sense of loyalty throughout, it must feel amazing knowing you are able to give a little back?

MA I grew up without much at all, and I love to be in a position that I can help others. Loyalty is important to me, and I will always be loyal to the ones I love.

IL your such a humble person and seem to take everything in your stride to us your just mel our friend is it surreal to you how your fan base has grown and how in demand you are?

MA it's  become harder to talk with everyone as much as I did in the beginning. I love my one on one time with you and so many others, but deadlines interfere with that. I love that my fanbase has grown, but I also loved it in the beginning when it was more intimate. There is great things about then and now :) 

IL What are your favorite types of books to read?  Are there any authors who you would say have influenced your writing and if so who are they ? 

MA Oh this question is impossible to answer. Yes, I read. I read a ton. Romance, horror, mystery, YA, drama. I don't have a favorite. It just depends on the mood that I'm in. I think to be a decent author, you have to have a love of reading. As for influences. There are just too many to name them all!!

IL Which out of all your series is your favourite?

MA I honestly don't have a favorite. Its the series I'm working on at any moment. I do love Joseph and George though :) 

IL Why did you decide to link The Baby Billionaire series and Anderson/crew series with a crossover?

MA They were both in Seattle and I thought it would be fun to shock the fans. From the reaction I got, it worked well. :) 

IL of all the different series which ONE character means the most to you?

MA I'd have to say Joseph.

IL Joseph Anderson is such an heartwarming character. Is he based by anyone you know?

MA He is a mixture of several important men in my life!! My grandpa who I got far too little time with. My dad, my father in law, a few of my Uncles. These are men who greatly influenced me.

IL Can you give us an exclusive on a new series/book that you havnt announced yet?k

MA I really really want to, but I can't quite yet. Come and talk to me in about 2 weeks :) 
ILOh don't worry we will be stalking you 

IL When, where and what time are you coming to the UK? 

MA I am planning on coming in April of this next year to London for the conference. I'm really excited about it. 

IL You have had many best sellers and now opened a. Coffee shop, what's next in the world of Melody Anne?

MA I've been having fun with the coffee shop. We are also opening a scrapbooking, floral, gift-store in January. I love my little town, and love providing jobs, and I get to open these businesses for things that I really love. But, of course, I'll keep on writing. That is my ultimate love now.


We would like to thank Melody for taking time out of her busy schedule to answer our questions, I hope you love her answers a s much as I did

4 comments: