Monday, 21 October 2013

REVIEW - The Debt & The Doormat - Laura Barnard



Synopsis

Poppy and Jazz have been best friends from the first week of university. Whenever these two get together trouble isn’t far away and things haven’t changed much. When Jazz gets herself into financial trouble Poppy, being a good friend, offers to help. She instead ends up being talked into swapping lives, with Jazz insisting it will be good and help her get over her broken heart. 

Poppy is thrown into a new life, full of crazy housemates. There’s fitness freak Izzy, horrendously beautiful bitch Grace and the slightly gorgeous, if not incredibly grumpy Ryan. 

Quickly, with the help of Jazz, her life is thrown upside down. Madness ensues and her need to please everyone gets her in more trouble than she could ever imagine.

Before she knows it she’s got a fake boyfriend and is hiding so many secrets she’s scared they’ll spill out any minute. With a bullying boss, a sex crazed colleague, a mental mother and three brothers each with their own dramas, life has gotten pretty difficult for Poppy. And all of this would be much easier, if she could just stop falling over. 

Will she get her life back to normal before her brother’s upcoming wedding? And will she want to?

Natalie's review

This book is soooooo funny, had me laughing so hard in some places, especially when Poppy & Jazz are together, they should come with a Hazzard warning because these two together are dangerous.

Ok let's start at the beginning, Poppy lives alone after her boyfriend and love of her life leaves her after deciding she is well, just too boring. cut to a year later and poppy is still hiding away in her flat, she never goes out and spends her evenings alone or if Jazz is free with her.

When Jazz finds that she is quite a bit in debt poppy decides it's time to do something about it, she demands that Jazz stays in and not waste money and she will have her debt paid off in no time, Jazz agrees with one condition, they swap lives, Jazz will stay in, not spend money, live a Boring life as long as they swap lives, Poppy must go out, spend as much money as she can and be exciting for the first time in ages, and they must live in each other's house until the deal is over

Poppy is soon thrown in at the deep end, her new housemates are what we would call Crazy, Izzy is like a Crazy puppy all full of energy, Ryan is a crazy control freak and Grace is one Crazy psycobitch who walks around in her underwear throwing evil glares every time Poppy walks into the room. 

What follows is one funny rollercoaster of a ride, some time in jail and mixed messages all along the way.

Ok let's step back to Ryan, oh man I want one, or do I? Because all the way through the book I wasn't sure if I wanted to lick him all over or punch him in the face for being so rude, I think I loved him, I hated myself for loving him and then scolded myself for thinking mean thoughts for this beautiful specimen of a creature who is extremely mis understood. 

Anyway I cannot reccomend this book higher, was a fun read with loads of twists but fun to be along for the ride

I give this book 5 stars it's a must read 

My idea of Poppy except with green eyes 


My Ryan I think this guy is georgous lol


About the author 




My name is Laura Barnard and I am an author from Hertfordshire, UK. I have just published my first chic-lit novel, The Debt & the Doormat, available via Smashwords, Kindle and feedaread.com. I am also Co-Editor and writer of NCT’s Watford branch magazine Watbaby.

In my spare time I enjoy drinking my body weight in tea, indulging in cupcakes the size of my face, drooling over hunks like Ryan Gosling, Matthew Bomer and Leo Dicaprio...oh and my husband of course! I like getting flexible in yoga (I can finally touch my toes), am a real fan of the power nap and of course, READING!

I dream of one day being a best-selling author but in truth if only a handful of people like my books I will be just as happy.

Buy links

The book is FREE on amazon here are the links 

Amazon uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Debt-Doormat-Laura-Barnard-ebook/dp/B00E4PZY12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382346920&sr=8-1&keywords=Laura+Barnard

Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/The-Debt-Doormat-Laura-Barnard-ebook/dp/B00E4PZY12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382347821&sr=8-1&keywords=Laura+Barnard

No comments:

Post a Comment