Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Conflicted by Sophie Monroe blog tour



Blurb:

When you think about your life are there things you would reverse?

Derek Scott is the twenty-six year old drummer of Battlescars. With a past marred by tragedy, he has a hard time letting people in. He's also made his share of mistakes. Now, he's trying to come to terms with the choices he has made recently and what they mean for him.

When someone from his past comes back into his life, Derek thinks maybe he can get back on track. However, things unravel, leaving him more unclear than ever. When long kept secrets find him and force him to decide what really matters in his life, will he be able to choose a path - or will he always be conflicted?

Alicia's review:

Okay my head is a little jumbled. I love this series and each book is soooo different from the last. Conflicted is equally as good but I found some scene really made me cringe lol let me explain....

Battlescars is hilarious from page one until the end. I love all the characters, even the secondary characters. Then we got Afflicted which is beautiful and so intense so with Conflicted I was wondering where Sophie would take it.

Derek is damaged and we know this just from previous bits we saw of him in the other two books so I couldn't wait to dive into his mind. It didn't disappoint. Derek is hot but feels unworthy of love. He's lost everything in his life which broke me.

Joss is Blake's (we know his full story from Afflicted) sister. She is ace! So funny and down to earth but also a huge part of Derek's life. She's his guardian angel in a way and has always been a strong shoulder for him to lean on. She is the only one that knows some of his secrets, secrets that even his band mates don't know.

I was rooting for Joss and Derek from page one. I wanted them to be together but neither of them are ready to settle down. After starting a hot fling, things started turning serious so it was time to walk away. I was gutted.

Enter Brittany. I liked Brittany, she's like a best friends sister, you have to like her and do but only to a certain degree. Brittany has also lost everything and is a little lost. A chance encounter brings Derek and Brittany together and they become like best friends. This is where things got complicated...

They start going from a friendship zone into a relationship zone. I hated this. Brittany and Derek together just didn't work in my head. I found myself wanting to skip scenes that had them in together (I didn't but I wanted to). It just didn't sit right to me. They don't fit together. Plus I couldn't connect with Brittany then because I didn't lie her and Derek having more than a friendship.

Some scenes towards the end contradicted themselves a bit which also put me off a little. Then things got good. Derek started to realise what he needed and wanted and decided he was strong enough to go for his happily ever after. Even if that means putting himself out there just to lose everything.

Thinking back I loved everything about it bar Brittany. She should have just been a really close friend! That's just my opinion on the matter and I know many of you will disagree with this however I'm giving you my honest review.

Granny made me belly laugh in every scene she is in. She's just the coolest granny in any book I've read. I honestly can't wait for the next books in this series. Sophie manages to give heart, sadness and laughs in her writing that will blow you away.

I give this book a rockin 4 stars!! 

Author Info/Links:

Sophie Monroe is a twenty-something author from New Jersey. Her rock & roll romance series, Battlescars, is an Amazon and USA TODAY best seller.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sophiemonroewrites
Blog: http://sophiemonroe007.blogspot.com/
Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6581511.Sophie_Monroe
Conflicted Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17990594-conflicted
Amazon: http://amzn.to/17Zu7Mn

Giveaway:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment