Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Withstanding Me - Crystal Spears - Blog Tour 25/9


About The Book

While the chaos and bloodshed have slowed for a short period, life is never quiet in the world of Breakneck. The club is taking time to regroup from internal betrayal and the changing of the guard in a rival group.

Zig Zag became a father at the age of thirteen. While raising a child has never been easy, now his eighteen year old daughter Tatiana makes his life downright hard. She has caught the eye of Travis, the new President of the rival MC Gunners, but all she really wants is Shadow, the newest addition to the Breakneck family. When Shadow’s rejection sends Tatiana running from the only family, home, and safety she’s ever known, ZZ is crazy with worry. The distraction caused by Tatiana’s disappearance could prove to be Zig Zag’s downfall.

If that isn’t enough, ZZ finds himself rampantly attracted to the one and only Storm. She’s beautiful, quick and witty. Their friendship is the one thing that keeps him from growing crazy, and Storm stands by ZZ through all the turmoil. Zig Zag is not accustomed to hearing the word no, so Storm’s constant withstanding just draws him in deeper. Their friendship is one thing keeping him from going crazy, until one night…

The club is regrouping and rebuilding from the mayhem known as the Russian Mafia. A hit is ordered on Tatiana, Storm, Winter, and Piper.

Tatiana’s egg donor reveals secrets that a thirteen year old Zig Zag was too young to understand.

Braxxon is out of reach while he helps Greg Cage deal with some dirty business.

Bloodshed… Secrets… Betrayal… Trauma… Welcome back to the Breakneck world.

Natalie's review:

Ok going to be completely honest with you with this review, before reading i was so excited/nervous to read this book, after reading Seize Me and having my heart completely broken I couldn't wait for this instalment in the series.

In the very beginning there is a note from the author explaining a few changes that she made due to feedback that she received after Seize Me this left me baffled because I completely loved Seize me and it is probably the best book I have read this year - I rate a book on how it affected me and seize me left me an emotional wreck.

Ok onto this book, at first I couldn't get into it, I thought the changes were unnecessary and the tone change completely threw me, the over usage of the word Brother got on my nerves and if I'm truly honest I started the book feeling a little deflated, I wanted the rawness of Seize Me and didn't think I was getting it, however things soon change and I found I was being pulled along into the story of Storm and ZZ and I was itching to find out what was going to happen.

I was soon finding it was one am and there was no chance in hell I was putting this book down, the twist and turns I was reading were excellent the chemistry between Storm and ZZ was off the scales and the sex oh boy it was scorching (although I did have to google what a Jacobs ladder was pmsl). Not only that the side characters drew you in also and I cannot wait for Tatiana and Shadows story to be told.

The Violence in the book is not quite as graphic as Seize me but then I don't think anything could be as graphic as one scene in Seize me, but saying that it's still quite graphic. The brotherhood in the  book is still as strong and you know these men will do anything to protect what is theirs, and you really feel the pain with Pyro who is still completely devastated, I hope he will eventually get his HEA. 

The thing that I completely love about Crystal Spears is she is not afraid to be extreme, she will kill major characters and put the characters you love in awful situations and I think that's why it's so raw. No matter what she writes I find myself loving it and finish each book hungry for the next book.

So even though I had a shaky start (that's probably more to do with my expectations and not the book) I give this book a Fan-effing-tastic 5 stars it's another must read.

Alicia's review:
Okay as a huge biker book fan this was a series I couldn't wait to get my hands on and my mind into. From all the raving Nat did over Seize me I knew as soon as I have a spare minute, these were the books I was going to read.

Seize Me is raw but as a big fan of dark erotica, although the books are raw in emotions, it was a fabulous read for me but not as dark as it is for Natalie. From page one I was hooked, like a fish on a line desperate to continue swimming... well reading but I can't imagine any fish reading lol

I was heart broken at the end of Seize Me and wanted Pyro to get his HEA. We get to see how emotionally broken he is from the events in Seize Me and it cut me deep.

Withstanding Me is less raw but still perfect. As a big fan of biker books, the use of the word 'brother' didn't faze me. I've read biker books that say it far more often but I was a little sad that Crystal took the feedback from fans and tamed Withstanding Me down so it wasn't as graphical/raw as Seize Me.

Crystal's writing style blows me away. The way she doesn't mind breaking you completely is great! This series is on a different level to others for the main reason that you aren't guaranteed to see the characters get a HEA.

I love that it wasn't just ZZ and Storm's POV. We get to see a wider side to the story. Some of the turns in the book had me on the edge of my seat, screaming out in shock and having heart palpitations when things started to crash and burn.

sex scene's.... hahaha wow, they are molten hot. I could have got third degree burns from it!

I was absolutely captivated all the way though both books. Couldn't put them down but now I'm a little bugged at myself for not waiting until the next few books are out. The wait is killing me now. I just need Crystal to have magic powers so that the books can write itself from her mind within a day! Jesus, where is Harry Potter when you need him?

All in all this series is fucking AMAZING!

5 freedom riding stars 'brother'!!

About The Author 

Crystal resides in Indiana with her family, her dog Dozer and two fancy rats. She enjoys the outdoors and in the summer you will rarely catch her at home. Her other passions aside from writing are singing, dancing and photography. She is a retired blogger and professional book reviewer.
She is the Bestselling Author of Seize Me. 




a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment