Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Pearl by Arianne Richmonde blog tour

banner-blog-tour


PEARL-ALEX-POV-26h16

SYNOPSIS:

The book that Pearl Series fans have been asking for: the flip side of the tale. The story according to Alexandre Chevalier.

At only twenty-five, Alexandre Chevalier is a billionaire. His social media site, HookedUp, is more popular than Twitter, more global than Facebook. With his drop-dead gorgeous looks, alluring charm and wealth, he has women falling at his feet, desperate for his attention.
But his heart is set on only one woman: Pearl Robinson.
Alexandre’s dark and dysfunctional past makes him crave stability and a normal relationship, but he soon finds out that Pearl is a bird with a broken wing. Why, he isn't sure.

Pearl, follows Arianne Richmonde’s bestselling books in The Pearl Trilogy: Shades of Pearl, Shadows of Pearl and Shimmers of Pearl; the tumultuous and heart-rending love story between forty-year-old documentary producer, Pearl Robinson, and French Internet billionaire, Alexandre Chevalier, fifteen years her junior.

Pearl is written from Alexandre’s point of view from the moment they first meet on a rainy summer’s day in a coffee shop in New York City.

In any relationship details are hidden; things are left unsaid.
Not all conversations are remembered in the same way.
And not all actions are disclosed—especially to the one you love most.

This book (Part 1 of 2) is approximately 53,000 words long, just over 200 printed pages. Part 2 is scheduled for release in October.

Because of Alexandre Chevalier’s prowess in the bedroom, this novel contains erotic content and strong language. 
Intended for readers aged 18 and over

EXCERPT:

ALEXANDRE’S CODE (when it comes to women).

I didn’t consider myself a ‘multi-tasker’ by nature—not even when it came to women. Quality, not quantity, was what I was aiming for. But it was proving to be a tough call. I was beginning to realize that my mantra of treating women well was backfiring on me. You see I have a code:

a.) No woman is a ‘slut’. Ever. I do not use that word in my vocabulary. If a woman is sleeping around or being promiscuous it’s because she is searching: for love, for a good time, for a good orgasm, for an escape. Or maybe even for money. For whatever reason it may be, no man (or woman) has a right to judge her.

b.) Always call a woman after a date. Even if you never want to see her again. Why? Because it’s polite. Tell her you had a nice time. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself, especially women.

c.) Don’t bullshit a woman. Don’t say, “I’ll call you,” if you don’t mean it. If you just want sex, make that clear from the beginning. Don’t make promises you can’t keep.

d.) Always walk her home at night, drive her home or call a cab. Pay for the cab yourself. Make sure she has unlocked her door before you drive away.

e.) Don’t invite yourself into her house. Like a vampire, let yourself be invited.

f.) Don’t fuck another man’s girl, no matter how tempting.

g.) The most important rule of all: When you fuck her, let her come first.

You see, it’s no good just having sex for your own pleasure. Where’s the fun in that? A real man needs to know that a woman needs him. Even if it’s for just one night, you want her remembering you for being a good fuck, not a fuck-up. Your cock is a tool that must be used carefully. As with any tool, you, the artisan, need to deploy it with precision. Trust me, the rewards are worth it.

Women are experts at faking orgasms and a lot of men are too dumb to tell the difference, or too proud to acknowledge that it has ever happened to them. But in that department, believe me, most women could win an Oscar.

However, having said all this, I was, at that point in my life, beginning to realize that by not being an asshole and caring too much, I was creating a ‘backlog’ of women: ex-girlfriends, and exes of every kind. It was dawning on me: Women don’t forget. I guess there are so many assholes out there, that by being halfway decent, a man can earn big brownie points.
I’d earned too many brownie points. And it was getting out of control.


PLAYLIST FOR PEARL: http://ariannerichmonde.com/music/pearl-sound-track/

ALICIA'S REVIEW:

WOW. What an awesome book. I was a little dubious about reading pearl as Forty Shades Of Pearl is from Pearl Robinson's POV but Pearl is from Alexandre Chevalier's POV. It helped get into Alexandre's head. I thought the story would pretty much be the same as The Pearl Trilogy but it's completely different.

Pearl saw Alexandre in a completely different light to the way his mind works. It was brilliant seeing the different daily lives of the characters and the way they thought of each other. Being in the headspace of Alexandre Chevalier is complicated. Alexandre views nearly every encounter differently than Pearl does. There were times when I was actually a little confused at how vastly his observations juxtaposed hers. Was I even reading the same story? 

I found myself becoming a little irritated with him on occasion, especially during their early romantic and physical encounters. He processes things so differently than I expected having only had Pearl's characterization of him. It threw me off at times and I'd be like.. WHAT? LOL

I loved reading how Alexandre was insanely attracted to Pearl and how he actively pursued her. It was nice to see the man chase so hard.

His POV dives deeper into his childhood and relationship with his sister, mother and niece. He also has a few female skeletons in his closet that don't like to be shut away in the closet for too long. I had slight heart palpitations along the way, however, Alexander was worth it! 

The sex scenes..... *drools* hmmm Jesus that boy knows how to do it! WOW they are HOT enough to sent my ipad on fire! CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE my house is burning down from Alexander's sexpertise!! 

On occasions I found Alexander to be a little immature to how he usually acts and this annoyed me a little but I still love him!!  

I give this book 4 STARS.

AUTHOR BIO:

Arianne Richmonde is an American writer and artist who was raised in both the US and Europe. She is the author of Forty Shades of Pearl, Shadows of Pearl and Shimmers of Pearl, all full-length novels in The Pearl Trilogy. She has also written Glass- an erotic short story. She lives with her husband in France.

CONTACT AUTHOR:



Giveaway Code: a Rafflecopter giveaway

FOLLOW THE TOUR: http://bookenthusiastpromotions.com/pearl-by-arianne-richmonde-blog-tour/

No comments:

Post a Comment