Friday, 6 September 2013

Stay With Me by Elyssa Patrick blog tour



Book Title: Stay With Me (With Me #1) 
Author: Elyssa Patrick 
Release Date: August 30th, 2013 
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance 

Book Description: 

With one look, I’m his . . . 

With one touch, he’s mine . . . 

With one kiss, it changes everything between us . . . 

I’ve been famous since I can remember. Singing, acting, dancing—I’ve done it all. The tabloids cover my every move, but I don’t want that anymore. I want to be normal, whatever that is. 

When I leave Hollywood for college in Vermont, I’m on my own for the first time in my life. This is my chance to figure out who I am and what I want in life. 

But it’s a lot harder than I expected. I can’t escape my image. Classes are difficult, and I’m struggling. And then there’s Caleb Fox. 

Sexy, intriguing Caleb Fox. 

Caleb is the one man who doesn’t want to use me. He breaks down my walls. He challenges me. He wants me. And I just don’t know if I can give him the same—or if he’ll stick around when he finds out my shameful secret that the tabloids haven’t managed to uncover. 

Dating him is risky enough, but loving him could break me. 


Excerpt:

“Hand it over.” 
Instead Caleb steps closer to me, finally removing that distance between us. He braces his hands on either side of my head, his shirt dangling near my left shoulder. “You always want my t-shirts.” 
“Yup.” I still have his shirt from that day. And I’m not ashamed to admit that I haven’t washed it. There’s still a faint trace of Caleb’s cologne on the cotton, and I like wrapping myself in him. “But I paid you for that first shirt. Remember?” 
“You don’t have any blackberries this time.” 
I tap my finger to my mouth. “If only I had something you did want.” 
“If only . . .” Caleb can’t stop looking at my lips, his eyes kissing me. “I guess you could pay me with a kiss.” 
“A kiss for a t-shirt?” I scoff, even as excitement shoots through me like a live wire that hits water. Sparks of lust explode in my body, little fireworks that shoot through the night. “That seems pretty high to me. I think I should get something more for a kiss.” 
His head dips lower, his mouth a whisper away from mine. “Like what?” 
“You.” 
“You already have me.” 

Alicia's Review:

WOW, What a stunning book. Sometimes you just need pure sweet romance to feel good and this is a feel good type of book. Stay With Me is a swoon-worthy book and kept my attention all the way through.
Caleb Fox is one of the gentlest and sweetest book boyfriends out there!

Plenty of times I've read books about the guy rock star and the normal every day girl. But, Stay With Me is about the girl rock star and the normal every day guy! Elyssa has mixed it up and what a phenomenal surprise it is! Thrown into the spotlight as a child and held there by a controlling parent, Hailey struggles to find herself in adulthood as she branches out on her own and finally does whatever she wants; which in this case is attend college.

The love connection between Caleb and Hailey is beautiful. You will feel their connection almost immediately. After a chance meeting, Hailey bump into Caleb again... literally bumps into him. After some flirty and spilt drinks a kiss occurs. A kiss that will forever change my opinion on Blackberry's... who knew they could be so sexy?

Caleb is very romantic, as is their love. Hailey is worried a secret from her past will change how Caleb feels about her. This secret wasn’t that big of a deal in my opinion. Trying to live a normal life by heading off to college, Hailey wants to figure out who she is and what she wants to do with her life. She’s left Hollywood for good but Hailey's mom will stop at nothing to exploit Hailey's fame to her own advantage. With Caleb and his sister Daphne's help, Hailey finally becomes her own independent person.

Caleb gives Hailey a chance at a normal life. He is so incredibly sweet and understanding, and this is the first real relationship Hailey has had without without an ulterior motive. What I honestly like most about the book is the fact that Caleb wasn't the most sought after man on campus.

So many books are about the guy overcoming issues with fame and fortune, but in Stay With Me it's Hailey who is trying to conquer the real world. Trying to be herself for once.She's a great character with a strong determination yet some serious insecurities. She's running from a past full of pressure, manipulation, and difficult choices… and her mom.

Hailey’s mom is awful. Truly horrible. She pushes and pushes and pushes Hailey until she finally pushes her away. Caleb’s family is awesome! They are the complete opposite to what Hailey is used to but she fits right in.

The secondary character in Stay With Me are just as amazing as Caleb and Hailey. We get an extra love story in there with Daphne, Caleb’s sister, and Caleb’s friend, Nick. This is definitely a story that could be continued with these characters.

I was able to connect emotionally with all the characters. This is a must for me to enjoy a book. The book isn't just super sweet but also steamy.

4.5 super sweet stars.


Author bio: 

Elyssa Patrick writes sexy, emotional contemporary romances and New Adult. She is currently working on her next novel. 

Elyssa Patrick – favorite things: 
Color: Blue 
Movie: Gone With the Wind 
Animal: Dogs. 
Book: Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh and Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell 
Song: Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley (and I always include this song in all my playlists for my books, no matter what!) 
Food: Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. And cupcakes. 
Vacation Destination: I’d love to go to Paris, Ireland, and Australia one day. 
Play: Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare and The Phantom of the Opera for Broadway musical. 
Television Show: So many, but some of my faves are: The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Parks & Rec, Downton Abbey, and The Walking Dead. 
City: London, Burlington, and my hometown. 
Astrological Sign: Virgo! (My own sign.) 
Career Option: Romance and New Adult author. J 
Smell: Freshly baked cookies, the ocean, vanilla, and chocolate. 
Season: Summer. 
Holiday: Halloween—all that candy! 
Day: Saturday 
Gift: Books! 
Disney cartoon: Belle 
Muppet: Cookie Monster 
Dessert: Anything chocolate. J 


Facts about Caleb Fox: 
Birthday: May 6th 
Astrological sign: Taurus 
Hair color: Inky black, a little on the longish side. 
Eye color: Dark green 
Height: 6’2” 
Body type: Athletic, toned, built. 
Likes: Kissing Hailey, sports, hanging out with friends and family, and his dog Goliath. 
Dislikes: People who break trusts and hurt those who should be loved. 
Values: Loyalty, honesty, trust, family, friendship, and love. 

Favorite things for Caleb Fox, hero of STAY WITH ME. 
Color: Blue. 
Movie: All three Star Wars, but not the prequels. 
Animal: Dogs, especially Yorkshire terriers. 
Book: The Harry Potter series and The Odyssey by Homer. 
Song: Well, he does like anything Hailey sings. 
Food: Italian, pizza, and nachos. 
Vacation Destination: The beach! He’d also like to visit some cities in Europe and see New Zealand with Hailey one day. 
Television Show: The Walking Dead. 
Sport (to watch): all of them, of course. 
Sport (to play): baseball. 
Movie Star: Hailey Bloom and now, Alex Randall. 
Musician: Hailey Bloom 
Painting: Starry Night by Van Gogh 
Artist: Van Gogh 
Way to Relax: Hanging out with Hailey, of course. 
City: Burlington. 
Astrological Sign: Taurus (his own) and Sagittarius (Hailey’s). 
Career Option: something that involves sports (don’t want to spoil it!) 
Place to Get Coffee: Starbuck’s and some local coffee shops. 
Smell: Hailey Bloom, cinnamon buns, and the ocean. 
Season: Winter 
Holiday: Christmas 
Candy: Kit Kats 
Cold weather activity: Sledding. J 
Place to snuggle: With Hailey. 
Day: Sunday 
Gift: Something thoughtful. 
Disney cartoon: Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story. 
Muppet: Kermit. 


Facts about Hailey Bloom: 
Birthday: December 11th 
Astrological sign: Sagittarius 
Hair color: Dark brown that’s long and wavy. 
Eye color: Blue, the color of the Caribbean ocean. 
Height: 5’5” 
Body type: Thin, but has curves. 
Likes: Kissing Caleb, hanging out with Caleb and his friends, hanging out with Daphne, Katelyn, and Steph, just being a normal girl, and creative arts. 
Dislikes: Her mother, disloyalty, people who sell stories and betray trust. 
Values: Loyalty, honesty, trust, love, family, and friendship. 

Favorite things for Hailey Bloom, heroine of STAY WITH ME: 
Color: Pink. 
Movie: It Happened One Night 
Animal: Dogs. 
Book: The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling and Easy by Tammara Webber. 
Song: Falling Softly 
Food: Italian 
Vacation Destination: Somewhere that has a beach and is secluded and private. 
Movie Star: Her best friend, Alex Randall, of course! 
Musician: Too many to name. 
Artist: Van Gogh 
Way to Relax: Hanging out with Caleb. 
City: Burlington. 
Astrological Sign: Sagittarius (her own) and Taurus (Caleb’s). 
Career Option: Anything but being famous, please. 
Place to Get Coffee: She likes tea, actually. 
Smell: Caleb’s cologne, vanilla, and the smell of rain. 
Season: Fall 
Holiday: Christmas 
Candy: M&Ms 
Dessert: chocolate cake 
Cold weather activity: Sledding. 
Place to snuggle: In Caleb’s arms. 
Day: Friday 
Gift: Something that’s meaningful and thoughtful. 
Part of a guy: She has a fondness for green eyes. ;) 
Disney character: Rapunzel 
Muppet: Miss Piggy 

Book Trailer:



Giveaway:

$50 Amazon Giftcard 
1-Digital Copy of Stay With Me 
1-Digital Copy of As You Wish 
1-Digital Copy of One Hit Wonder 

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Blog organized by: Book Crush http://bookcrushbookreviews.com



Link to Blog Tour Schedule – http://bookcrushbookreviews.com/2013/08/21/stay-with-me-by-elyssa-patrick-blog-tour-schedule/

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great read!! Adding it to my WL! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete