Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Fueled by K Bromberg blog tour


Title – Fueled (Book #2, Driven Trilogy) 
Author – K. Bromberg 
Genre – Erotic Romance 
Release Date – August 27, 2013 

BOOK SUMMARY: 

Book #2 of the Driven Trilogy What happens when the one person you never expected suddenly happens to be the one you’ll fight the hardest to keep? 

Colton stole my heart. He wasn't supposed to, and I sure as hell didn't want him to, but he crashed into my life, ignited feelings within me that I thought had died forever, and fueled a passion that I never knew could exist. 

Rylee fell out of that damn storage closet and into my life. Now I don't think I'll ever be the same. She's seen glimpses of the darkness within me, and yet she's still here. Still fighting for me. She is without a doubt the saint, and I am most definitely the sinner. 

How is it the one thing neither of us wanted—neither of us anticipated that fateful night—has us fighting so hard to keep? 

He steals my breath, stops my heart, and brings me back to life again all in a split second of time. But how can I love a man who won't let me in? Who continually pushes me away to prevent me from seeing the damaged secrets in his past? My heart has fallen, but patience and forgiveness can only go so far. 

How can I desire a woman who unnerves me, defies me, and forces me to see that in the deep, black abyss of my soul there's someone worthy of her love? A place and person I swore I'd never be again. Her selfless heart and sexy body deserve so much more than I'll ever be capable of giving her. I know I can't be what she needs, so why can't I just let her go? 

We are driven by need and fueled with desire, but is that enough for us to crash into love? 



ALICIA'S REVIEW:

Holy smoking shit!! There is not many books where you fall in love with the characters more in the second book. There is also not many books that you will find the second book to surpass the first. Fueled did that. It Fueled my need for more Colton, it Fueled my need for more everything.

Lets start with where Driven left off, I was gutted, absolutely gutted. Colton was facing some bad heavy demons. These demons caused him to push Rylee away at the end of Driven and I was petrified to read Fueled in all fairness. I was worried it wouldn't live up to my expectations and that it would take much back and forth between the two main characters to pick back up. None of this happened. It shot straight past my expectations and went straight past the finish line!!

The connection to the characters is just unbelievable. I don't think I've felt as connected to characters as much as I do these ones. It's not just the two main lead characters, Rylee and Colton. It's everyone. The boys latched on to my heart in Driven but latched onto my mind, heart and soul in Fueled. Never before have I so desperately wanted a HEA for ALL the characters. 

In any book you love, you will find certain lines that stick with you long after you've finished the book. The lines in this book, although are just the simplest of lines, have never left me. 

I RACE YOU, RYLES! ... Colton's line. You know when you're a child and there is certain things you love the most in the world? Well K decided to bring in a new way of expressing love. These boys in this series have a troubled past. Each of them have been abandoned in some way and find it hard to express themselves. Well Rylee finds a way to help them express it. 

I SPIDER-MAN YOU! ... Scooter's line. It's simple. The thing you love most, replaces the word love. I guess for many of us it would be I BOOK YOU! lol. Mine is I COLTON YOU! The hubby doesn't like it too much but hey, Colton just does it for me ;) lol

In Fueled we get to know more of Colton. More of his broken soul, his damaged past. In a way he's a lot like the boys only older and now able to care for himself. Colton had one more thing that helped him become him. His dad. He was saved when he needed it most so this helps him identify with the boys more. 

The emotional connection we get just blows me away. We get some of Colton's POV in Fueled and it helps us understand him as a character more. His way of thinking, his demons and just him. Four words, four little words that destroyed me... Spiderman. Batman. Superman. Ironman. These four words will only ever associate with Colton for me now. These words broke me. Cut me open and spilled my heart out. Crushed me into a sobbing mess. Crashed me into a wreck. A wreck that took me days to recover. In fact I'm still not sure I have recovered. When you read Fueled, you will know why these words affected me so much!!

This is by far one of the best books ever written! 

5 racing heart stars!

EXCERPT:

I bite back a careless giggle when I see all of the boys carrying bundles of cotton candy. My thoughts revert to my more than memorable experience with the confection and Colton. He groans, his own little acknowledgement, causing my lips to twitch with a devious little smirk.
“One second, guys!” I yell above their raucous noise as I take a pinch from Ricky’s funnel. I step back toward Colton and deliberately run my tongue over my lips before placing the fluff of sweetness on my tongue. I close my eyes and play up savoring its taste. When I open them back up, Colton’s eyes have darkened and his jaw is set with frustration and desire—just the response I was looking for.
I lean close to his ear, purposefully withholding any touch of my body against his, my voice a seductive whisper for his ears only. “Hey, Ace?” He looks over and arches a brow at me. “I’m not wearing any panties.” I smirk. He audibly sucks in a breath in acknowledgement before I sway my hips a little more than normal as I walk away from him.
What he doesn’t know, won’t hurt him, I think as I picture the pair of white cotton underwear I’m wearing beneath my Levis.


AUTHOR BIO:

K. Bromberg is that reserved woman sitting in the corner that has you all fooled about the wild child inside of her—the one she lets out every time her fingertips touch the computer keyboard. She’s a wife, mom, child rustler, toy pick-er-upper, chauffer, resident web-slinger, LaLaloopsy watching, American Girl doll dressing multi-tasker of all things domestic and otherwise. She likes her diet cokes with rum, her music loud, and her pantry stocked with a cache of chocolate. 

K. lives in Southern California with her husband and three children. When she needs a break from the daily chaos of her life, you can most likely find her on the treadmill or with Kindle in hand, devouring the pages of a good, saucy 
book. 

Fueled is K. Bromberg’s second published novel and is the highly anticipated second book of “The Driven Trilogy.” Driven was her well-received debut novel and Book #1 of the series. 

AUTHOR CONTACT LINKS: 




FUELED purchase links: 


DRIVEN Purchase Links (on sale for $2.99): 



Amy from Schmexy Girl Book Blog made a FABULOUS book trailer for FUELED



FUELED (Book #2) Playlist:

Prologue
Demons by Imagine Dragons

Chapter 1
Bent by Matchbox Twenty

Chapter 2
Closer to the Edge by 30 Seconds to Mars
Come on Get Higher by Matt Nathanson
Give Me Just One Reason by Pink (ft Nate Ruess)
Red by Taylor Swift

Chapter 3
Stupid Boy by Keith Urban
Should I Stay by Gabrielle

Chapter 5
The River by Good Charlotte
Desperate Measures by Marianas Trench
Push by Matchbox Twenty

Chapter 6
Get the Party Started by Pink

Chapter 7
Animal by Conor Maynard
Scream by Usher

Chapter 8
Pony by Ginuine

Chapter 9
Glitter in the Air by Pink

Chapter 13
The Distance by Cake

Chapter 15
Hero/Heroine by Boys Like Girls

Chapter 19
Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute

Chapter 20
Rendezvous by Craig David

Chapter 21
Kiss You Inside Out by Hedley

Chapter 22
Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars
Red Light Special by TLC

Chapter 24
Sex is on Fire by Kings of Leon

Chapter 27
Let Her Go by Passenger

Chapter 28
The Way by Matchbox Twenty

Chapter 31
Stay by Lisa Loeb

Chapter 33
Sad by Maroon 5
Trouble by Taylor Swift

Chapter 34
People Like Us by Kelly Clarkson (the boys’ song)

Chapter 35
Stay by Rihanna

Chapter 36
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer but Michael
Henry and Justin Robinette’s Version

Chapter 37
Rest of my Life by Ludacris ft. Usher

Chapter 39
Turn Around by Conor Maynard
Never Gonna Leave this Bed by Maroon 5

Chapter 40
Ever After by Marianas Trench

Chapter 43
Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth ft. Emile Sande

GIVEAWAY: 

Prizes - (1) $50 Amazon gift card, (4) $25 Amazon gift cards, 5 e-copies of Fueled, 2 signed paperback copies of Driven.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment: