Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Blog tour: Ruined by S Pratt.



RUINED by S. Pratt
BLOG TOUR PACKET
August 12 – August 16



Title: Ruined
Author: S. Pratt
Genre: Contemporary Romance



BOOK DESCRIPTION

“So I live my life according to the rules of others while my secret festers its way through my body. It bleeds slowly out of my heart and into my veins. Each word of my secret pulsing through me as it gets closer to the surface. I imagine one day it will get so close to the surface it will spring forth from my lips and reveal the monster I really am.” – Ruined.

Bailey Michaels is living a lie. She has a handsome and successful fiancé, a great job and a house in a town she adores. Her friends and family know her as the perfectly crafted individual she has created in their minds. Her deception knows no bounds when it comes to keeping the truth from everyone else. But it’s not enough. She craves the love of the one man she can’t possibly have – the only one who shares her secret.

Despite her angst over continuing her forbidden affair, nothing can keep her from Angel.

His dark looks, chiseled jaw and broodiness make it impossible for her to ever deny him anything. So when presented with a choice, Bailey knows she finally has to make a decision. Keep living the lie with her fiancé, Carron, or finally be with Angel – the man who’s had her heart since she was fifteen.

The funny thing with life though; just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, fate has a way of stepping in and turning the best laid plans to ruins.


Alicia's review:

Hmmm I'm not really sure how I feel on this book. I've had some time to think about it since finishing the book and I'm still at a loss of words. I can't work out how I feel about what I read.

So we have Bailey who is engaged to be married to Carron. Now I want to say that I love Carron, he was one character that I wanted to get his HEA. Only problem about Carron being madly in love with Bailey is her heart belongs to someone else! 

Bailey is in love with Angel but they can't be together so she's settled for Carron. She keeps so many secrets held back that made me need to read on. I had suspicions about where the story was leading and it was confirmed but that is what has me speechless. 

I enjoyed the storyline up until my suspicions was confirmed and then found my brain couldn't accept what happened. I know this sounds strange but without telling you what happened you won't understand. 

I found it easy to connect emotionally with the characters but at times I just wanted to launch my iPad against the wall for all the wrongness. That might be a strong word to use however I kept finding myself thinking of being in that position but it would never happen. I don't agree with what did happen however some people would have no problem with it at all. 

The book ended and I felt like I have too many questions left unanswered.... There is a second book from Angels POV which I am going to read just because I might help me see this one from a different POV. It might help me understand how everything happened and maybe see a stronger connection between Bailey and Angel. 

I hope we get a future book that will give Carron his HEA as I feel cheated after everything he was put through. 

Ok so with everything I'm feeling about this book I've decided to give it 3.5 stars. The only reason it's 3.5 stars is because although I don't like where the story went, I still couldn't put it down. I needed to find out if I was right about my suspicions and see where the author was going to take it. Just because I don't agree with what happened doesn't mean one of you lovelies won't love it. 

It might be that once I read book 2 that ill love Ruined more and if that's the case then I will come back and change my review. 

3.5 stars!!

Excerpt



While I am in that state of semi-consciousness and sleep, I can feel the secrets in my chest. Slowly they move within my heart, the heart I keep locked. At first it is just a snippet … a word he said or a look. Pretty soon all manner of things are jumping and rattling around inside, almost like an incessant monster trying to get out from lock and key. Touches, kisses, promises, begging, pleading and abandonment – it’s all there raging like a storm in my chest, unleashed for me to feel the full impact of what the memory of all those things mean.
‘This is so fucked up!’ I scream so loudly the cat jumps off the bed and bolts out of the room. I doubt she will be back anytime soon. Rolling onto my side I bang my fist into the pillow and sob.
‘Why does it have to be wrong? Why, why, why!’ My anger soon turns to a muffled wail as I cry myself to sleep. The only problem is that no matter how many times I sleep, I will never wake up in a world where loving Angel is okay. I will only ever be able to have him in the snippets he allows.




ABOUT THE AUTHOR

S. Pratt is a multi-genre author who lives on the east coast of Australia in northern New South Wales with her husband and two children. She has a choc Labrador, Scooby-Doo, and two little mice that the kids promised they'd look after. This is now Shelly's job, amongst other things. Things you may not know about Shelly? She has four tattoos and would love more, is only now in her 30's becoming a wine whore and is a fiercely, loyal friend.
Shelly's breakout novel, Ruined and companion novella, Ruining Angel are contemporary romance fiction books available on kindle and print from the Amazon store.
Sanctuary of Mine is her latest work in the New Adult Romance genre. (Graphic Design by Cover It Designs). Available NOW.
Beloved Soul by Shelly Pratt is available through Amazon and is published through Eternal Press. Please note that Beloved Soul's cover artwork, editing and publication are all done through Eternal Press.
All other novels are written and published by S. Pratt. Editing acknowledgements go to those who are listed on each individual book title.
You can find all the latest information about Shelly and her other books (in different genres) by visiting http://facebook.com/authorpratt or http://shellypratt.net or http://twitter.com/authorprattster
NOW ON GOODREADS - ADD SHELLY'S NOVEL TO YOUR TBR PILE!
Playlist



Daylight, Maroon Five
Miracle of Love, Eurythmics
Bless the Broken Road, Rascal Flats
I Will Wait, Mumford and Sons
Beneath Your Beautiful, Labrinth
Anything Could Happen, Ellie Goulding
Sleeping At Last, Turning Page
Fucking Perfect, Pink
Wide Awake, Katy Perry
Kiss Me, Ed Sheeran
Forgiven, Nickleback

  a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment