Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Blog Tour - Let Love Stay - Mellissa Collins

Product Details
About The Book 
 
If you’re lucky, you’ll fall in love – truly, madly and deeply in love.  But what happens when that honest and pure love isn’t enough to erase your fears?  What happens when your past rears its ugly head and threatens your future? 
Maddy and Reid had that kind of love – the all-encompassing, Earth shattering, once in a lifetime kind of love.  Then life happened.  Old wounds that were thought to be long healed and scabbed over are ripped opened and they are forced to face the possibility that, maybe, they are not strong enough to fight their demons and embrace the light. 
Together, they found out what love is, but now they will each need to heal on their own before they can ever be together again.  They must face their fears and beat down their pasts in order to find their way through this crazy uphill battle called love. 
They’ve let love in, but now, they need to find out how to Let Love Stay.

Crysty's Review

Let Love Stay continues the story of Maddy and Reid who we initially met in Let Love In. Eighteen year old Maddy has just finished her first semester of college, had a traumatic accident and found out she is pregnant. Her boyfriend Reid is not ready to fight the demons from his past and to move forward on the new adventure of fatherhood. “…I can’t help but notice the irony of the scene before me. A husband is gingerly assisting his wife out of her wheelchair. The back door is still open and I can see a tiny bundle of blankets.” Reid silently thinks to himself.

Maddy and Reid both had tumultuous child hoods. Maddy had lost her parents at an age of nine. Reid is estranged from his parents after the death of his brother when Reid was sixteen.Maddy had made him whole again, made him feel as if he could take on the world; until this.

Maddy is devastated when Reid walks out of her hospital room, not long after she broke the news of her pregnancy to him. Quickly, her hurt turns to anger. Can Reid and Maddy see past their terrible memories of their youths and work towards building a future for them and the child they are now expecting?

Maddy has to recover from her injuries and get on her feet to care for the life of her unborn child. Sure that Reid is gone for good she plans her course. College will have to wait. She has to find a job with insurance for her future. She breaks the news to her suite mates and prepares to move back home to the only mother she has known since she was orphaned. Her best friend Mel and her suite mates, Cammie and Lia, are there by her side to help her conquer her future.

While, Maddy is planning the future for her and her little one Reid is making peace with his past. Neither one of them are sure where they will end up in each other’s future. Reid has to decide if he wants to see his mother whom he has written off years before. Someone from his home town trying to contact him is what caused the problems between the two lovers to begin with. Is Reid ready to face his past
  
Melissa Collins has again written a wonderful book about the trials and tribulations of young love. This book was well written and tells the tale of two young adults who overcome the hardships of their childhoods. The story bounces back and forth between Maddy and Reid’s perspectives. At times the tale is hard to follow as the author changes between the two main characters. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Reid and Maddy. I give this book four stars, only due to the occasional jumping between the characters.

Travel down the bumpy road of Reid and Maddy. Find out what becomes of them and their unborn baby. Will the two of them patch things up and Let Love Stay?

I give Let Love Stay 4 stars

Excerpt 

We sit in silence for a few minutes just watching the trees and the cars pass us by. I merge into the right lane, preparing to exit the interstate. We’re only about five minutes from home at this point. “So, oh wise one,” I quip sarcastically, mainly because I need to lighten the mood, “what should I do?” “Honestly?” Jack's look is serious. He’s about to dole out some real advice here. “No, I want you to lie to me, please.” I grin at him. “Yes, honestly, you ass!” We both share a chuckle and the mood lifts slightly. “Do you love her?” I’m taken back a little by his abrupt question. Is he serious? I can’t contain the sarcastic huff that passes my lips. “Love her? There isn’t a word for what I feel for her.” I smile at the thought of her, of us together. “Being with her is easy. It’s like breathing, really. Before Maddy, I never wanted a commitment. I never wanted to have feelings or be in love. I was more than happy with a quick fuck and an awkward goodbye the next morning. But I never knew how empty my life was until she became a part of it.” “Okay, Shakespeare – I get it. So it’s simple. If you love her, and you need her, then you fix this.” His words are simple and final. There is no other option. “This is what I’ve learned over the last three years with this one.” He eyes Cammie who is still peacefully sleeping in his arms. “There are two things that women want from men when things go wrong. They want us to do what they tell us and they want us to actually want to do what they tell us.” He laughs a small chuckle at the ridiculousness of his statement. “I know it sounds manipulative, but the bottom line is that Maddy wants you to do this so that she feels safe and secure with you. You want her in your life, so in order to get what you want, and in order to make Maddy happy, which is also something that you want, you have to talk to your mom.” He pauses before continuing. I sit back and contemplate his words for a few minutes before I say anything. I need to digest his words. I don’t want to go home and I know that I shouldn’t have to.

About The Author - Mellisa Collins 
 

Melissa Collins 2 

I’ve always been an avid reader. Majoring in English Literature was a no brainer. Becoming a teacher and instilling my love for reading into my students was also a no brainer. I’ve spent the last ten years teaching and I’ve loved (mostly) every minute of it. When I was home on maternity leave for my third son, I discovered a new genre that sparked my creativity. My passion for writing sprang from my love of reading and once I knew I had a story to tell, I couldn’t wait to get it out there. I only hope that my readers enjoy reading my story as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

Links




goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment