Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Seize Me - Crystal Spears

Seize Me (Breakneck, #1) 

About The Book 

Winter Belov was the sweet innocent one in her crime family, the dutiful daughter that never disappointed her father. One day, her father does the unspeakable. When he turns his back, Winter flees across the country, taking her life savings with her, determined never to enter that sort of lifestyle again.

No longer innocent, she now lives in Nevada. Lana is her best friend and the only family Winter has. Together, they are two of the best exotic dancers in the county. While working a shift, Pyro, Lana’s long time crush, propositions Winter. He begs her to do a private gig at Breakneck. She accepts, with the condition that Lana dances with her.

When Winter’s eyes lock with Braxxon Breaker's, the President of Breakneck, she realizes she is no longer free; she has been seized. He is everything she is running from but at the same time, everything she wants. Braxxon will not take no for an answer, and purposely disrupts Winter’s life.

Rivals of Braxxon’s club are vicious and they do something that will have him out for blood. Winter's and Braxxon’s relationship is anything but a normal one. If they want to be together, crimes must be committed, friendships will be broken and people are going to die.

What happens when all that chaos mixes with Winter’s father locating her? It will be a bloodshed when Winter and Braxxon seek revenge and take no prisoners.

***WARNING***

This novel contains explicit language, sex, drugs, abuse and sexual situations.

For readers 18 & up!

Natalie's Review 

I was given this book in return for a honest review,  This is the first time i have read a biker book and wasn't sure what i was going to expect from it. 

I can honestly say i have never felt so many emotions while reading a book,  i was heartbroken, enraged, nauseated devastated, happy.  by the time the book finished i felt exhausted.

some of the scenes in the book were horrific ( quite a graphic rape scene) however it wasn't brushed under the carpet like i have seen in so many books where someone gets raped and its never mentioned again,  no in this book we see Winter fall to pieces and build herself back together stronger and tougher but still fragile.

as this was my first biker book a few of the phrases i didn't understand so i had to ask what they meant like i didn't know what a cut was, turns out its s leather waistcoat - who knew hey

In that moment where my mind, body and soul are assaulted, I know that I'll never be the same again. Braxxon has seized me, and something tells me he isn't letting me go. 

OK on to Braxxon i think i honestly loved and hated him in equal measures
  
What i loved about Brax was the way his family meant everything to him,  he would protect them with his life, and had to on a number of occasions.  Also the way he responds to winter, the way he is with winter is lovely and you know that he would do anything for her because he loves her (negative for me is it was instalove) and when she gets hurt he goes out of his mind and does everything he can to get his revenge.

what i hated about Brax was the way he treated the other women, a slap across the face if they spoke out of turn or disagreed with him, i don't think abuse should be glorified and i think in some parts of the book it went a little too far, I hated this side of him and for me it did take a little away from the whole story.   
 
 “I know she’s the only one that exists. She was made for me. I need my Angel in my Hell.”

The intensity in the book is always high, and the twist and turns throughout the book had you gripped from the very start.   

Winter is on the run from her psychotic abusive father and when she meets Braxxon she knows his life of sex, drugs and rules is the same life she is running from and has no desire to go back too.

I had run straight from one hell to another…and I didn’t know if I would make it out of this one alive."

What she didn't count on though is that braxxon is what she needs, the sex between them is amazing, and always filled with intensity.

Ever since that day you danced into my life, I’ve done nothing but breathed your air. I’d suffocate without you. I know this isn’t a world you wanted to be in, but I’m begging you, stay in it with me.

When i finished the book i was like WTF my mind was exhausted i felt confused, heartbroken, happy, sad and tired.  i have never felt so wrapped up in a book, when the rape was happening i felt physically sick and in some other scenes i bawled my eyes out especially with some of the unexpected ones.  

I give this book 5 Stars, it was more than good for me it was AMAZING!!!

About The Author 

Crystal resides in Indiana with her family, her dog Dozer and two fancy rats. She enjoys the outdoors and in the summer you will rarely catch her at home. Her other passions aside from writing are singing, dancing and photography. She is a retired blogger and professional book reviewer.
She is the Bestselling Author of Seize Me. She is currently working on the second novel in her “Breakneck Series”.  

Book Links 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment