Friday, 12 July 2013

Book review:The Rock That Needs Me by Terri Anne Browning

The Rocker That Needs Me
by Terri Anne Browning.


Book Description


MATURE CONTENT. NOT FOR READERS UNDER 17.

The Demon…

I’ve been fighting my own demons for most of my life. The alcohol seems to numb the pain, but it never makes the nightmares go away. All I want in life is a little peace. When I met my angel it felt like I found it, but there is so much standing between us. Why does she have to be so young…?

The Demon’s Angel…

Meeting Drake was the best thing to ever happen to me. I found my friend, my soul mate. But he lets my age stand between us. There is something that haunts him, and I selfishly want to be the one that helps him conquer his ghosts. If he would just let me in, let me closer, I think I could help him…

Alicia's Review

Wow let me first say that I love this series. Each book that comes out gets better and better. Book one: The Rocker That Holds Me was a little short read and absolutely brilliant. It introduces us to all the rockers but its Nik and Emmie's story. Then we got book 2: The Rocker That Savours Me which is Jesse and Layla's story. Now we have book 3: The Rocker That Needs Me, Drake and Lana's story. 

After I read The Rocker That Holds Me I was hooked. I needed the rest of the gangs stories. When The Rocker That Savours Me came out I was blew away. It's a longer story, we get all the gang again and the love between Jesse and Layla was fantabulous! As soon as I finished it I thought this is going to be hard to top.

How wrong was I? Not hard at all. Terri blew it out of the water. We finally got the story behind Drakes nightmares and drinking problem. That lad went through a lot growing up. Not just him but his brother Shane did too. Drake always thought he did everything in his power to protect his younger brother Shane but some things just can't be stopped. Evil never stops and no matter what you do to prevent it, you can't control it. 

Lana aka Angel had a bad upbringing too but as soon as her mother passed away, her and her baby sister moved in with their older sister, Layla. Layla has done everything she can to give them the best life she can and she's absolutely wonderful to them. They have a really strong family bond. Lana becomes Drakes Angel. She saves him from his past. He really does NEED her. 

The heartbreak and emotions this book brought out in me pulled my heartstrings, tore me apart, built me back up, smashed me then completed me. What a roller-coaster ride we are took on. It's so easy to expect so much from an author. We expect more and more in each book. We want to get the HEA and perfect endings. We want to feel every emotion that these characters that mean so much to us do and Terri smashed it. She gave us that and more. So much more. 

This is my favourite of the series yet and I can't wait for the next book in the series!

Easy 5 stars for this amazing book!! 



Author Bio

Terri Anne Browning: Hated school and reading until her aunt handed her first romance novel at the age of twelve, as crazy aunts tend to do. It gave her a passion for the written word that has only increased over the years. At sixteen she started writing her own novellas, forcing her sister to be her one woman fan club. Now she has a few more fans and a lot more passion for writing. Reese: A Safe Haven Novella was her first Indie published book. The Rocker That Holds Me changed the tables and kicked off The Rocker… series featuring the sinfully delicious members of Demon’s Wings. Terri Anne lives just outside of Birmingham, AL with her husband and three children.

Purchase Links

No comments:

Post a Comment