Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Blog Tour: This Man Confessed

This Man Confessed 
by Jodi Ellen Malpas


Synopsis:

The very place where their passionate love affair began, The Manor fills with guests on what should be the happiest day of Ava and Jesse’s lives. She has accepted that she’ll never tame the fierceness in Jesse, and she doesn’t want to. Their love is profound, their connection powerful, but just when she thinks that she’s finally got beneath his guarded exterior, more questions arise which lead Ava to believe that Jesse Ward may not be the man she thinks he is. He knows too well how to take her to a place beyond ecstasy…but will he also drive her to the brink of despair?

It’s time for this man to confess.

Alicia's Review:

WOW. I've been left a little speechless. I mean that. I'm never left speechless but This Man Confessed ties everything together nicely and completes the series perfectly. Usually when I finish a series I'm still at the final page of the final book wanting more. Don't get me wrong, I would read another 100 books with Jesse in but it ended so amazingly that Jodi doesn't need to do any more of This Man's to satisfy her fans. I was deeply satisfied with the direction of the book and the ending.

Jesse Ward, AKA The Lord of the Manor has well and truly trampled me.... he trampled me from This Man, into Beneath This Man and finally trampled me into submission in This Man Confessed. Those sparkly green eyes hypnotised me, that sexy smile melted me, his overprotectiveness surrounded me and his naughty ways brought me to my knees. seriously I was a puddle of mess hearing his secrets.

His secrets, oh my. I did not see that coming. The twists and turns this book takes just blew me out of the water. Have you ever read a book where you are left stunned as to how that happened or why you just didn't see that one coming? Well that's exactly what happened to me whilst reading this book. I mean who the hell is Jodi Ellen Malpas?... she is a book genius, is who she is. She is the creator of all creators. She is the boss of all things sexy. She is the lady who gave us different kinds of fucks and she gave us arguments that end all arguments!!

We all know Ava melts everytime Jesse is near her but so do I. My toes were curling and i was pressing my thighs together in the hot scenes. HOT SCENES you say? Yes it just gets better and better as the books go along. 

We get more loving Jesse in This Man Confessed. Almost as if he thinks Ava is made of the worlds most precious glass and would break at the slightest rough caress. Well let me tell you, after some of the ways Jesse made love to Ava in this series, it's safe to say she sometimes just wants to be taken hard and fast. She just has to persuade Jesse that this is what she needs.

Laugh out loud moments will have you belly laughing, sexy scenes will leave you horny and loving, tender moments will leave you wanting to divorce your husbands to go and search for your very own Jesse Ward. 

Handcuffs, hahaha handcuffs take on a whole different meaning in This Man Confessed! In Beneath This Man we know Ava handcuffed Jesse to the bad, well Jesse isn't about to be upped. He's always told Ava that he will trample anyone who gets in his way... including herself. He isn't about to let anyone stand in his way or take Ava away from him for a minute and he has the perfect way to make sure she is by his side! LOL Jesse, oh Jesse you crazy, sexy, wonderful man!

I will admit it now. I cried, well sobbed at scenes in this book. It is just Perfect. His overprotectiveness gets answered more in This Man Confessed, we see the full extent as to why Jesse is the way he is. There is method behind his madness.

BOOK COMA OVERLOAD! 

This book is a massive and easy 5 STARS!! 



Natalie's Review:

Ok, I'm going to do my review a little different to Alicia because up until last week i hadn't read any of the series so i want to put a little about each book before i write my feeling on this man confessed.

Lets start with This Man, oh my i have never read a series before where the lead character pissed me off so much i had to leave the book for a day and pick it back up again,  Jesse Ward, what a arrogant Jerk he is.  he is obnoxious, self obsessed and out of control and for 50% of the first book i hated him and i hated Ava for putting up with it. but then JT happens and all of a sudden like the rest of the world i fall in love with Jesse Ward.  I couldn't put it down, before even finishing i downloaded Beneath This Man and This Man Confessed.

Beneath This Man was even better than This Man its here we really start to see what Jesse is all about, what really goes on at the manor and also why Jesse is so controlling in his need to keep Ava Safe. There really is method behind his insane behaviour,  unlike all the other books out there where you instantly fall in love with the lead character you gradually fall in love with Jesse for every page you read you love him a little more and understand his craziness a bit more too which allows you to really get into the emotions portrayed in the book.

Ok now onto This Man Confessed.  I LOVE IT.  the twists and turns in this book are amazing,  the secrets that are revealed are brilliant like Alicia said in her review, i never saw that coming and by the end you are definitely Team Jesse.  it was finished nicely and i didn't feel like i needed to know more answers everything was all tied up and the actual ending is lovely.

I couldn't stop thinking about this book after i finished it was constantly in my head i had a real book hangover nothing i read for the following days compared to This Man Confessed. to go from screaming at the first book in frustration at Jesse's Arrogance to being completely under his spell.

I like Alicia Give all of this series 5 STARS it is amazing.

Note from Alicia: I loved Jesse from point go. His arrogance and angry ways just did it for me. I spoke to Natalie about this series loads and when she first started This Man she messaged me saying it just wasn't working. I was ready to beg her to carry on as I know how amazing this book is and we share a lot of likes in a book. Well needless to say she decided to give it another go and she loved it. I know everybody has a difference of opinion on books and what I love, someone else will hate but with this series just keep reading. If you find Jesse pisses you off, just keep reading. Don't give up on him. He is one of the top book boyfriends in my eyes and if you decide to stop reading because of how he acts to start then you will seriously be missing out on one of the best series. You need to understand Jesse to understand the way he works and without reading on you won't 'see' that side of him. As I said, I was a massive Jesse fan from the get go and found his domineering ways hilarious. 



About the Author:


First time British author Jodi Ellen Malpas was born and raised in the Midlands town of Northampton, where she lives with her family. Working for her father’s construction business fulltime, she tried to ignore the lingering idea of This Man until it became impossible. She made time and found the courage to release her creative streak, unleashing the character Mr Jesse Ward, Lord of The Manor.

Jodi took a chance on a story with some intense characters and exploded onto the self-published author scene at the end of October 2012, sparking some incredible reactions from women all over the world. Within two months of self-publishing This Man, Jodi made the decision to leave her day job to concentrate on her new and very unexpected career in writing.

The second instalment of the This Man Trilogy, ‘Beneath This Man’ was published in January 2013 and fast became an Amazon Bestseller, holding #1 position in the chart of its genre for many weeks in both the US and UK. Now the anticipation for the third and final part of the trilogy, ‘This Man Confessed’, is rife and will be published July 2nd 2013 by Grand Central Publishing.

Connect with Jodi: Facebook | Website | Twitter

Purchase Links: 


Not started This Man series yet? well This Man is on sale for $0.99 so pick it up before the price increasers!!


1 comment:

  1. I loved the way the author pulled it all in its was a great read. Thanks for spotlighting one of my favorite series!!

    ReplyDelete