Thursday, 18 July 2013

Blog Tour - Lifeless - J.M. La Rocca



Lifeless

Blurb

Ages 18+ due to sexual content and language

After graduating from the University of South Alabama, Scarlett Moore discovers her boyfriend of five months is actually married with a child on the way. Feeling used and heartbroken, she decides it’s time to take her best friend Jules’ advice to move to Atlanta and live with her. There, Jules helps her get a job at Entertainment Atlanta, where she works as an entertainment insurance agent. It’s not Scarlett’s dream job, but it’s better than not having a job at all, and who wouldn’t mind working with famous people, right?

Then she gets assigned to EA’s newest client, Kade Evans, rock star turned actor. Not only is he a drug addict, he’s also known for never dating the same girl twice. He’s tall, dark, and handsome, has an amazing voice, and good acting skills, but he’s also arrogant and intense.

At their first meeting, the chemistry between them is undeniable.

The love that comes later is unexpected.

But Kade’s life is full of secrets. His past has now intruded on his present and when Scarlett finds out what his secrets are, the real deception begins. 


 

Natalie's Review 

When i started this book, the first thing i done was roll my eyes i thought here goes another same old romance that i have read again and again - well I WAS WRONG!!!!! Oh my Gosh this book is amazing,  it has to be one of the best books i have read recently, and i would like to introduce you to the sex god, that is my brand spanking new book boyfriend Kade Evans, Hands off ladies he is mine!!!!

As soon as we meet Kade you are captured, he is full of charisma and sex appeal oozes from him. i was hooked and i couldn't put the book down.  The story starts with Scarlett she is on a romantic weekend with her boyfriend when she finds a text message... From his WIFE!!!! so Scarlett goes to the one person who she has always been able to rely on her best friend Jules,  Its here she starts a job at a insurance company where she has to deal with Famous people.

When Scarlett meets Kade, the sparks are instantly flying,  he has awoken something in her that she has never felt before and before she knows it she is in at the deep end,  what follows is a story of Love, Betrayal and secrets unravelled,  Will Scarlett survive with her heart?

The story oozes sexual tension all the way through,  the chemistry between Scarlett and Kade is so hot and they capture you right into the relationship.

I completely loved this book,  I thought it was amazing and i cannot wait for the next book, it was fantastic and i give this book 5 STARS


 

Author Interview 

Q. If you could work with any author who would it be?
Abbi Glines, because she’s just amazing!! haha

Q. Who is your favourite author and is your writing style similar to theirs?
I would have to say Richelle Mead is my fav. Love all her work. I don’t think our writing style is similar because as a new author I find my writing style keeps changing.

Q. What's your favorite part of a book?
I would have to say the middle part of the book. All the best action, suspense, mystery, and/or romance happen in the middle of a book. J

Q. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
No. When I come up with a name, first I have to write out what their personality is going to be like, then I try to find a name that will suit their personality.

Q. Who are your target readers?
Anyone that loves a good romance

Q. What are the major themes of your work?
I think all my books will have some sort of romance in them, but I’d like to venture into Paranormal and Fantasy.

Q. Any recent works that you admire?
Wow, there are just so many awesome books out there.
This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas is one of my favs

Q. What do you think people search for in a book?
I think a lot of readers look for a happy ending, but I also think a lot of readers look for something they haven’t read before.

Q. How have your personal experiences affected your writing?
I think it helps put more emotion and feeling into my writing.

Q. What genre of books do you like to read? Do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself?
I have found that I really only read books that have some kind of romance in them, but on a rare occasion you can find me reading a good mystery.

Q. Were you always good at writing?
No, definitely not. I have always loved to write, but it wasn’t until I actually sat down and decided to finally write a book that I realized my passion.

Q. How do you get started with writing a story (as in, how do you start developing the story, how do you get inspired for it).
Something just pops in my head and I write it down. I’ve always had an active imagination so that helps and I also have crazy weird dreams. After an idea pops into my head the story line just follows it.

Q. What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?
Take a break. I think every author will tell you that they need time away from writing. Once you get away, the ideas can start to flow. I know when I get stuck or run out of ideas I clean, take a drive, listen to some music or take a shower. It always helps. Or better yet, I always notice the best ideas come right after I lay down to go to bed. It never fails.

Q. If you had to compare yourself to a Character in any of your books, who would it be?
This is a hard one, because I put my personality in both Scarlett and Jules. But if I have to choose one, it would be Jules. She’s a big advice giver to Scarlett and I’ve always been that way.

Author Bio
I've had a passion for reading and writing for as long as I can remember. It has always been an escape for one reason or another. Now, I'm taking that passion and turning it into a book. My debut book Lifeless will be released late summer 2013. I can't wait for you to read this story that has been brewing in my head for over a year. :)

Author Links
Lifeless Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17829280-lifeless

 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment