Thursday, 6 June 2013

Book Review Faded By Mercy Amare
&
Author Interview

Faded (Rock Star, #2) 

About The Book

I left Hope – the only place I’ve ever felt at home. So now what? Where do I go from here?

When I left, I didn’t just leave my home. I left my friends, my sisters, and Stephan… I just found them. I can’t lose them now.

I know that I want to do MY music. I need to remember WHY I wanted to play music in the first place. And the only way to get that is by firing my dad, but that may be harder than I thought.

On top of everything, I now have cameras following me around everywhere. Even my own home isn’t safe anymore.

I’ve come to realize that normal will never be an option for me.

Natalie's Review

Wow i loved this book so much, even more than the first one, the story just got better and better.  and i couldn't put it down,  read it all in about two hours.  i LOVE Stephen oh my he is so delicious and that Ending wow all i can say is why do these authors do it to us!!! now i need Hated like yesterday!! OK calm here i go my review.

The story starts pretty much where jaded left off with Scar in LA after Breaking Stephens heart after refusing to go back to hope with him,  then her sister Bridge and best friend Alec turn up and convince her she needs to go back to hope so she can at least make things right with Stephen.

"I should have fought harder to get you to come back,  I just couldn't.  You broke my heart scar.  Dammit, I hadn't even realised you had my heart"

She also has a Album to produce and Low Life parents to remove, she needs to get her life on track and only she can do it.

What she didn't Bargain on was MTV following her every move, how can you have a normal life when everything you do will be shown to millions.

I give this book a massive ***** i loved it and i didn't want to put it down,  hurry up Hated

Natalie xx

Author Interview

Q. If you could work with any author who would it be?
If I am being completely honest, I’ve wrote in about 10 different authors names and deleted them out. There are SO MANY amazing authors I would love the opportunity to work with… But if I HAD to chose one, I’d go with JK Rowling. She created this amazing world of magic that everybody, old and young, LOVE. She’s got such a big imagination. I’d love to work with her.

Q. Who is your favourite author and is you writing style similar to theirs?
My favorite author would have to be Veronica Roth. And no, my writing style is nothing like hers. She, a lot like JK Rowling, created this AMAZING world. When I started Divergent I was unable to put it down. I will read ANYTHNG she puts out. Always.

Q. What's your favorite part of a book?
When the character learns & grows. I think that’s why I love books in a series so much. I love watching the characters grow from circumstances. It’s the best.

Q. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
I don’t, actually. Sometimes I name characters after people I know, sometimes I just Google names. I just pick whatever sounds cool.

Q. Who are your target readers?
I write YA & NA, but really, my books are for anybody who wants to escape their own reality for a few hours.

Q. What are the major themes of your work?
Romance…. Finding true love, in spite of your own self. Learning from past mistakes. Growing. Trust. Friendship.

Q. Any recent works that you admire?
I recently started reading Casandra Clare’s Immortal Instruments Series. I LOVE IT. Probably one of my favorite book series ever.

Q. What do you think people search for in a book?
Escape from reality. Entertainment. Knowledge & understanding. Hope.

Q. How have your personal experiences affected your writing?
I do write a lot about music in my books. I play the guitar, bass, & drums. I used to work at a studio and got paid to play. I used a lot of that knowledge in the rock star trilogy.

Q. What genre of books do you like to read? Do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself?
I read a LOT of YA paranormal, and YA fantasy. So no, I definitely don’t limit myself to what I write.

Q. Were you always good at writing?
Well, “good” is always a matter of opinion. I’ve been reading since I could, and I started writing in the second grade. I’ve wrote musicals, plays, books, hundreds of songs, and short stories… I’ve always been good at telling stories. As a child, I had a hard time separating fantasy from reality.

Q. How do you get started with writing a story (as in, how do you start developing the story, how do you get inspired for it)?
I start at chapter one, and write until it’s done. Inspiration just literally comes to me… I have no idea where. But an idea sparks and I just write until it’s complete.

Q. What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?
Just keep writing. Maybe kill a character off. Or have an epic car crash scene. Or write in a villain… Just don’t stop writing.

Q. If you had to compare yourself to a Character in any of your books, who would it be?
I think I’m a little of everybody. I’m shy like Roxy (You Got Me). I’m a musician like Scarlett (Jaded). I’m crazy like Tess (Don’t Tell). Literally there is a piece of me in each and every character.

Faded is released today on June 6th its fab I'm sure you will all enjoy xx

Here is also the link to my review of book 1 in the series Jaded island lovelies review of JADED x

No comments:

Post a Comment