Friday, 7 June 2013

Blog Tour: 16 Marsden Place by Rachel Brimble

16 Marsden Place
by Rachel Brimble


Synopsis:

There isn't a situation that can't be fixed by a coat of chocolate body paint or a liberal smear of Champagne Lick, right? Wrong! Ever since her father was murdered by a gang of youths, Sienna Lloyd has named herself Potterford’s protector—her sexy lingerie shop is a place where the town’s women can visit and feel safe. But when that shop is in danger of closing, Sienna needs a solution that will keep her in Potterford, where she can always look out for her mother, friends, and clients.

The answer? Move the shop to her home at 16 Marsden Place.

The problem? Her new neighbor, the delicious but seriously uptight Jack Beaton. Oh, and his four-year-old twin girls.

Jack has just moved to the tiny town of Potterford in a bid to start over. To build a new life that keeps his children safe from their violent and sex-crazed mother. So when he discovers his neighbor intends to open a sex shop right next door, Jack will do anything to ensure it doesn’t happen…including fighting every ounce of his attraction to the shop’s owner and his innate need to trust again.

Excerpt: 
Sienna hauled her box of inventory from the back of her car and strode up the driveway to her front door. Entering the house, she kicked her leg out to shut the door when it hit something solid. She turned and promptly dropped the box onto the hallway floor, causing “display” vibrators of varying sizes and colors to roll every which way across the floorboards—a multi-colored river of female satisfaction.
“Jack! What do you think you’re doing?”
“I’m coming in to talk to you, that’s what.” He strode over the threshold and slammed the door.
Sienna stepped back even as irritation shot through her. Who the hell did he think he was coming into her house uninvited?
She raised her chin and gestured toward the floor. “Now look what you’ve done.”
“You’re having a party. A party, for crying out loud.”
Ah. “And? Does that give you the right to storm into my house like the Incredible Hulk? What’s next? A bit of shirt-shredding?” Actually, she wouldn’t have minded that…
He opened his mouth and then snapped it shut as he glowered at the glorious obstacles at their feet. “God, it never ends, does it?”
“No, it doesn’t. So why don’t you help me pick these up before you end up slipping on one and taking me to court for breaking your back on top of everything else.”
He sneered with evident distaste. “I don’t think so.”
“Grow up, Jack. You’re being ridiculous.”
Their glares locked. He might have looked as though he should be lying on his back in her bed while she rode him like a bucking bronco, but, God, the guy lacked a sense of humor.
“Well?” she demanded.
“You really don’t care, do you?”
“Insult me if it makes you feel better, but if you can say that, it means you haven’t learned a damn thing about me since we met. Now, are we going to stand here all day or go into the kitchen and have a civilized conversation? I assume you want this straightened out before it’s time for you to pick up the girls from school? Isn’t that why you’re battering your way into my house at eleven o’clock in the morning?”
“Where were you last night?” His gaze searched her face and hair.
Ignoring the flush of heat that tingled over her skin from such a blatant appraisal, Sienna lifted her eyebrows. “Excuse me?”
“I waited for you.”
“You waited—”
“I must have looked out my living room window forty times waiting to see your car in the driveway. Where were you?”
She huffed out a laugh and bent down. “None of your business.” She reached for the nearest vibrator.
“I needed to talk to you.”
She snatched up an electric-blue intermediate dildo and straightened, pointing it in his face and stabbing out each word. “Like. I. Said. None. Of. Your. Business.”
He stepped back, and a smile pulled at her lips. Scared of a dildo. What next? Crying over split vaginal lube?
“Help me pick these up and then we’ll talk.” She cocked her head. “Please.”
“You’re unbelievable.”
Her smile expanded. “Thanks.”

Scowling, he raised his hands in surrender and bent down to help her.

Alicia's Review:

I was laughing from the first few pages. Embarrassment is quite funny when it's at someone else's expense.
Caught crawling through the dirt on your new neighbors garden has to be the worst feeling ever but for him to be super hot, it couldn't get any worse. Another problem is Sienna is scared or children and Jack has twin daughters that are four years old.

Jack is a doting father and will do anything to protect his daughters from their haunted past. Katy and Holly are little sweethearts. Katy shows her heart and wants to be loved by everyone. She is the innocent one that wants her daddy to be happy. Holly on the other hand isn't so easy to show her emotions and let people in her heart.

Jack is furious when he realises the sexy minx living next door to him and his daughters is planning on moving her business - Sienna' Sexy Solutions, right next door. He will do everything he can to prevent that happening. Only he can't seem to get Sienna out his head and she can't get him out of hers.

This book has so many laugh out loud moments. The building relationship between Jack and Sienna is hot but they're both trying to fight it and try to come to a solution that will solve both their problems.

By the time the book finished, I was gutted. I wanted more of these pair and the girls. You can feel each emotion of all the characters, including Katy and Holly. Once I'd finished I was left wondering if everything would turn out the way as planned with Jack's ex wife and for that reason I hope we will get another book to this series with maybe Sienna's best friend and lawyer, Kelsey. Kelsey had a thing going with another lawyer named Mike. Mike gives some advice to Jack and Sienna regrading an issue that comes up along the way. There is some major chemistry between then, this all adds to the laughs.

I give this book 4.5 Stars.

Author bio:

I live with my fantastic husband, our two young daughters and my beloved black Labrador, Max in a small market town near the famous Georgian City of Bath.  Having always ‘played’ with writing, I didn’t seriously sit down and write toward publication until I became pregnant with my second daughter – then I told myself to get my butt in the chair and get on with it before she grows up and I’m forced to get a real job! Lots of short stories followed as did lots of rejections!  I took a few distance learning courses, joined some online writers groups and basically, learned my craft.  Finally deciding short stories weren’t working for me (they are an art form in themselves!), in 2006 I decided to embark on my first novel and voila Searching For Sophie was born!  Since then, my other books have followed each year. And when I’m not writing? You’ll find me with my head in a book or walking the beautiful English countryside with my family.  And in the evening?  Well, a well-deserved glass of wine is never, ever refused.

Contact Rachel:

Rachel's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/rachelbrimbleauthor
Follow Rachel on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RachelBrimble
Rachel's Blog: http://rachelbrimble.blogspot.com/
Rachel's Website: http://www.rachelbrimble.com/home.html
Rachel's Goodreads Author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1806411.Rachel_Brimble
Add 16 Marsden Place on Goodreads:  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17833607-16-marsden-place 

Purchase Links:



Amazon buy link: http://www.amazon.com/16-Marsden-Place-ebook/dp/B00D5VBW7G/ref=sr_1_1?s=digitaltext&ie=UTF8&qid=1370384721&sr=11&keywords=16+marsden+place

Barnes & Noble buy link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/16-marsden-place-rachel-brimble/1115472157?ean=2940016562674&itm=1&usri=16+marsden+place

1 comment:

  1. Happy Rachel! Thank you SO much for such a great review - I am so glad you enjoyed Jack and Sienna's journey. They were a fab couple to write!

    I have had several comments about Kelsey and Mike - it seems they're a popular pair. My editor said she'd love to see their story so watch this space!

    Thank you so much :)

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete