Saturday, 18 May 2013

Rise of the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello.


Release date: May 20th 2013.


Blurb:

Dreaming of Alethea gave Jeremy Kater the strength to survive a difficult childhood. Now that he has influential friends who owe him some big favors, he’s determined to become the kind of man Alethea would be interested in: rich and dangerous. Jeisa Borreto was hired to help Jeremy morph into that man. It’s a job she would enjoy, if it weren’t tearing her heart to pieces.


How can she help him change once she’s realized she’s fallen in love with the man he’s always been?


Hint: Sleeping with him doesn't help. 


Alicia's Review:

First I would like to Thank Ruth Cardello for allowing me to be her first and only ever ARC reader! It was such an honour to have Ruth trust me enough to keep this a secret and give my honest opinion on Rise of the Billionaire. I mean those of you that know me enough to know I'm pretty crazy, would know that when I got that message I was squealing and dancing everywhere! In fact I think I got a tad emotional haha. So Thank You Ruthie!!

Second I'd like to say, for anyone who hasn't read this series yet, Go Get Started! What are you waiting for? Book one is FREE, YES FREE! To make it easier for you, I'll even add the link to Maid for the Billionaire...

Thirdly I'd like to say to anyone who has read this series that Jeremy will more than likely take your number 1 spot out of the males in The Legacy Collection. He sure did me. He's got all the best bits from Dom, Stephan, Jake and Rachid with the best of him all rolled into one! 
He's Strong and will face anything head on like Dom, Loving and family orientated like Stephan, LOL funny and caring like Jake and will do anything for his family and friends like Rachid.

OK, ok I can hear y'all. Shut up Alicia and get on with the review. I'll start my review now lol...

Page one had me hooked. Jeremy knows what he wants and will stop at nothing, and I mean nothing, to get what he wants. The strength shown in his character in the first chapter just amazed me. If you get knocked down, you get back up! It's as simple as that to Jeremy.

Jeisa is just adorable. It was obvious from the first few pages of her feelings for Jeremy. She's a little firecracker when it comes to making sure Jeremy is ok, even if she's helping him become the man he wants to be for another woman. She tends to hide how she feels and sometimes I wanted to shake the hell out of my ipad and scream for her to just tell him she's right there in front of him and exactly what he needs. 

So Jeremy has made all these changes from when we first met him in the previous 4 books and has changed his appearance, bulk, style, social skills... pretty much everything about himself with the help of Jeisa. He doesn't realise just how much she does for him. He needs her for everything and can talk to her about anything. He doesn't hide the real him from her and this is how she fell in love with him. She loves the real Jeremy. He's just perfect to her even before the changes.
Jeremy and Jeisa "You should say it proudly since I'm your creation."With a shake of her head, Jeisa said, "All I did was add a little frosting to an already delicious cake."
Jeremy is making all these changes to be the man he thinks Alethea wants. Alethea is Lil's best friend. We've also met her in the previous 4 books. Now Alethea has always made me laugh but in Rise of the Billionaire I really disliked her. I liked her again by the end but through the book I was like, I want to bitch slap this girl haha.

As you all know, with Ruth Cardello's books you can expect to laugh your ass off! I mean we don't just have Jeremy, who is hilarious by the way. We have all the previous characters. Dom, Jake and Jeremy together had me in stitches. I literally had belly ache from laughing so hard. Look out for the superheros conversation in the book. I can just see it all in my head like it's a movie I've seen a million times. I'm actually laughing now just thinking about it! A lot of part had me needing to pee my pants but this one made me cry with laughter!
Jeremy and Romario "Como vai, gatinha?" Jeremy asked cheerfully.
With an impatient growl, Romario said, "I'm not a kitten and I'm about to walk into a meeting. What do you need?"

We all love the ladies. the ladies chats in the kitchen just make me think of girl times at home doing sunday roasts whilst the men pop to the pub. They make me need to go to see my mum just for a good old' chin wag! 

Of course we have Mrs Duhamel in there with her wise words. Them men couldn't cope without her but we see just how much she cares for her boys in Rise of the Billionaire. She has taken Jeremy and Jeisa under her wing to push them in the right direction. I have so many favourite lines from Mrs Duhamel that will stick with me for the rest of my days so I'm going to post a few for you...
"You never replace those you've loved and lost, but if you're lucky and you keep your heart open, sometimes you get a second chance at a family."
This character is very wise and adds some amazing lines to many characters. This line was a conversation between Mrs Duhamel and Jeisa. We already know Mrs Duhamel lost her husband and now Dom and Jake are her 'adoptive' family.
"One should never be exclusive of the other. If you have to choose between your dreams or your man... always choose your dreams. The right man will love your strength and your passion. He'll join your cause or cheer you from the sidelines. The man who leaves would have probably left you anyway-he just would have picked another reason."
"Don't make excuses for not living the life you want. If you want to make a difference by getting involved in a movement, don't wait for a perfect time or the perfect situation, just do it. Love like you're on borrowed time."
This one was again between Jeisa and Mrs Duhamel about Jeisa following her dreams and not letting even her father stop doing what she wants in life.
 "Love is terrifying sometimes. To experience it fully, you have to give yourself to it and trust it won't trample your offering."
 See, Mrs Duhamel is just amazing. She's like the grandma everyone loves and she has the best advice ever!

Now Jeremy had a tough life growing up. Don't get me wrong, he had loving parents and he adores them but he had a lot put on him at such a young age that made him who he is in books 1-4. He's just not used to socializing with anyone and Jeisa thinks maybe it was neglectful of his parents to let him become this recluse but Jeremy doesn't see it that way!
 Jeremy "When you love someone, you do what you have to do, not what's easy."
I love Jeisa and Jeremy. I've never been able to pick a favourite before but I think Ruth has just helped me pick one!
The sex... O.M.G!! Hawt!!! I think I fanned myself a few times with the sex scenes 
Jeremy is one Hot stud in the bedroom! on the jet! on the couch! and so on lol. Ladies I'm staking a claim now! Jeremy if officially chained to my bed and is staying there. I will only share him with Jeisa as she is just perfect for him.

The laughs, love, sadness, low self-esteem, humour, problems, arguments all added to one amazing book! Wow I can't get it out my head and can't wait for Breaching The Billionaire

I laughed so much reading this book and highlighted so many parts that I just loved. The wisdom in some of the advice given is amazing! Definitely the best so far in The Legacy Collection!!

Well done Ruth. You've done it again. You made me Laugh, Cry (UGLY CRY AT THAT), jump up and down in excitement and put a smile on the hubbys face! ;) LOL

I give this book a MAHOOSIVE 5 ***** it would have been 10 if we did 10 stars lol.

Author contacts:

Ruth's fabecook fan page
Amazon page
Website 

Purchase Links:

OK now to chain Jeremy to my bed and whilst I'm doing that, all of you who haven't started this series yet here are the links.






Amazon US

Amazon UK









Amazon US

Amazon UK









Amazon US

Amazon UK









Amazon US

Amazon UK




Giveaway:

Rise of the Billionaire is being released on Monday 20th May 2013. Because I love this book so much I'm going to giveaway one ebook copy. All you have to do is pop over to Ruth Cardello's fan page and tell her 'Jeremy rocked Alicia's world and you rock Island Lovelies socks!'





18 comments:

  1. great review Alicia looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Layla. It's an amazing book! You won't be disappointed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review! And thank you to Alicia and the Island Lovelies Book Club! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Alicia! You are so right - we will all love Jeremy... I can't wait for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh its amazing Karen! I can't wait for Monday so I can re read it!! :D

      Delete
  5. Woweee Alicia Taylor you Rock what a review.. now desperate to Read how Jeremy the computer Geek turned into the hot stud !!! He sounds HOT and Sexy... I am shocked that he has become your first hunk...
    don't forget to send a pic of him chained to your bed...
    I have loved all of Ruth Cardello's books.. but this sounds like her best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is hot and sexy and Jeisa is amazing. She's such a sweet character! I'm glad you like the review!!

      Delete
  6. Loved the review Alicia and all I can say is pick me pick me lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. So did that! Glad I am not the only one who talks like that (ask Ruth!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review I'm reading mine tonight Ruthie is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alicia, as usual your review was excellent...now if only my little boy would go to sleep so I can read it...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the review and the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alicia,

    I want you to know it was your comments on Ruth's launch party that made me go out and buy the first four books in this series. I am absolutely going to buy this book, but not till payday next week. Until then I am enjoying Maid for Billionaire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Maid for the Billionaire and all the rest.. Ruth is great!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love maid for the bilionaire and all Ruth Cardello's other books, i'm hooked

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great series! Love Ruth's writing. <3 Andrea

    ReplyDelete