Tuesday, 30 April 2013



Title: AROUSE (Spiral of Bliss #1)

Author: Nina Lane

Genre: Contemporary Romance with a very sexy married couple.

Publication Date: January 2, 2013


 Book Description



"One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me," he said.


And he did.


Struggling with a tormented past, undergraduate Olivia Winter once led a practical but isolated life. Then she met Professor Dean West, a brilliant scholar of medieval history who melted Liv's inhibitions and taught her the meaning of both love and erotic pleasure. But after three years of a blissful, lusty marriage, Liv and Dean now face a crisis that threatens everything they believe about each other...and sex might not be enough to save them.

Alicia's review:


This book is fantastic. It unusual to have a book start with the couple already happy and married but I think that's why I liked it so much. You can really relate to the problems that happen during a marriage plus you get to look back to how they met and how they got together. 

Dean West is a professor in Medieval History and meets Liv, a student but NOT his student, on campus. They have an instant attraction together although Liv never trusts men from past experiences with her mothers ex's. 

The book starts with Dean and Liv having been together for five years, married three, and they are still blissfully happy. Liv has just lost her job and decides it's time for her to do something for herself. She gets a new job and joins a cooking class. This is where their marital problems start. I don't want to give anything away in this book so that's as much as I'm going to tell you about the story!

This book is hot and I'm talking scorching! You may just need the fire department on speed dial to read this book as you will start burning up. Make sure you have a spare pair of panties available as the sex scene's may just make you sweat. 

I found it difficult at time to connect emotionally with Liv as I felt she took things overboard on occasions but I suppose until you've been in a position like her character has, you'll never know how you'd react to certain situations. I felt a bit like she didn't have as much love for Dean as he had for her but other parts you could feel their love jumping out the pages.

Dean is an absolute sweetheart. I feel in love with him and could feel his heart in my hearts everytime he spoke to, spoke about or looked at Liv. He just melted my heart!
“I don’t want you to walk away,” I said.
“Good.” The lines between his eyes eased with relief.
I gripped his wrists, a knot of fear binding my throat.
“But you… you might want to go,” I warned.
Darkness flashed in his expression. “Why?”
My eyes stung. I swallowed hard. “Here be monsters,” I whispered.
A heartbeat of silence, brewing with danger, filled the space between us. Then Dean tightened his hold on me and, with his thumbs, brushed away the tears that spilled down
my cheeks. “Liv,” he said, his voice rough with tenderness, “you don’t have to be afraid.”
“Why not?”
“Because I’ll slay monsters for you.”
They share a best friend called Kelsey who works with Dean. She is a great character that adds a whole lot of laughs to the book. One of my favourite parts involving Kelsey was a conversation between Kelsey and Liv. Liv asks her if she's ever been with Dean. Kelsey tells her no, she was into girls in college. Her experimental phase that lasted two years. Liv asks her what made her go back to guys...
"Oh, a couple of studs my senior year, then a long-term boyfriend in grad school." Kelsey flips her hair away from her face and reaches for her wineglass. "Great guy, smart as hell. Great sex too. Made me realize I preferred hard muscles and harder dicks."
Lol. She is a great addition to the book. The book will make you laugh out loud and cry. you'll feel love and hate but also feel compassion. There is three parts in this book. The first two parts are in Liv POV then the third part is both POV's. I loved that I got to see into Deans mind and it just proved to me that all the love I felt he had for Liv was true.

Favourite quote:
“You're so damn strong, Liv, and you don’t even realize it. I'm the one who’s always had to show people I'm successful, an achiever, the best at everything I did. I'm the one who’s always been a goddamn egotist. A groveler. And you… you're the first person who’s ever… Christ, Liv, sometimes the way you look at me makes me feel like I can hang the fucking moon.”
I give this book 4.5 STARS!!

Purchase Links:






About the Author


Nina Lane is a multi-published author of elegant, romantic and often raunchy erotica. Her recent release AROUSE is the first book in the Spiral of Bliss series, and her novel THE EROTIC DARK is a #1 Amazon erotica bestseller.


Nina used to write novels under the name Natasha Rostova and has published stories in anthologies such as “Best Women’s Erotica” and “Erotic Travel Tales.” Her work has been translated into both German and Japanese. In addition to writing, she's an avid reader who loves popcorn and has recently joined a workout boot-camp that is kicking her rear end. 


Author Links 


Website:      http://ninalane.com/
Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/NinaLaneAuthor
Twitter:       https://twitter.com/NinaLaneAuthor
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5785925.Nina_Lane

Giveaway.


To win a digital copy of Arouse by Nina Lane, pop over to her facebook page Author Nina Lane and give her a like plus let her know Island Lovelies says Arouse is the Bomb diggity! I will choose a winner in 48 hours! Good Luck.




2 comments:

  1. Island Lovelies, thanks so much for participating in the AROUSE blog tour hosted by Literati Literature Lovers, and for the wonderful review of the book! I'm thrilled that you liked Kelsey so much - I would love to write her story one day. She's a spitfire, for sure. Thanks again so much for the support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I have to say Nina, after finishing Allure for the blog tour. I love LIve now. I connected with her all the way through the second book!! Love this series.

      Delete