Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Review of The Girl In 6E.




BLURB:


I screw men for money. Not literally, think phone sex operator with a 15 megapixel web cam thrown in. They tell me their deepest, darkest fantasies while paying me $6.99 a minute. 

What would possess me to engage in such a business? Throw in a tortoured past, 24/7 murderous thoughts, and a desire to keep the innocent people of my small town safe. 

I was contained, out of the way, sexcamming my way to utter obscurity until HE came along. A twisted client armed with a targets name. Annie. And in that name, everything changed.

Warning: This book contains explicit sexual references, and should not be read by anyone under the age of 18.




EXTENDED EXCERPT:

“Something happened, and I need advice.” I grip the phone tightly and wait for the psychiatrist’s response.

“Another episode?”  

“No - nothing about that.  It’s Jeremy…you know the guy who-”

“You’ve had one human interaction in three years, I know who you’re talking about.  What happened?”

“He left me a note.  Outside.  With my package.”  I read him the note, trying not to add inflections that probably don’t exist.  When I finish there is silence, silence that stretches out so long that I find myself fidgeting.

“What do you want from me, DeAnna?”

“I want you to tell me what to do!  I don’t know how to handle this shit.”

“What do you want to do?”

“I - I don’t know what I want.  I just need you to tell me what to do.”

“What was it like when you were with him?”

I stand, pacing the expanse between my two bedrooms.  Crossing the thresholds feels like moving between my two selves – sex kitten to lonely woman.  JessReilly19 to scheming murderess.  I pushed against his hard chest and then he was there, in my mouth, his tongue pressed gently against mine, and my own traitorous mouth responded, my heart rate increased, my hands moved of their own accord, to his strong arms. Shoving the blade of the box cutters deep into his skin, the blood bursting from the movement, spraying gently upon my hand.  I tasted him, greedy for everything, my hands roamed everywhere, grabbed at his shirt, hastily undoing the buttons.  If he came back, if he came inside, I could be more prepared, could succeed in my quest for death.

“Deanna?”

I halt, trying to focus.  “I’m sorry - what was the question?”

“What was it like when you were with him?  How did you feel?”

“I wanted him.”  On me, in me, dead beneath me.

“In what way?”  Derek’s voice is so sensual, so soothing, so male.  I make a decision, moving to my pink bed, and lay back on the sheets that smell of lube and latex.


Alicia's Review.

WOW! I am officially speechless. I know that doesn't happen to me but wow. I'm trying to get my brain to function again. I've finished The Girl In 6E and I can't quite wrap my head around what I've just read....

"When there is evil on someone it grows, unattended by all and fielded by its harbored. I know that I feel it, each and every day, growing stronger inside me 'til one day - snap - it will take over control and every logical thought process, every thought of survival and preservation will disappear, and I will be a loose cannon, fired and on my path of destruction, with nothing but my own doom ahead of me, and the demise of whoever lay in my final path."

 Ok I'm ready. First of all let me start by saying don't let the synopsis scare you. This book is a must read. It's amazing. Alessandra Torre has blew my mind . The psychotic and psychological part of The Girl In 6E is dark, very dark. Have you ever wondered about people who spent tons of money to have phone/internet sex? To have their sexual fetishes fulfilled? Well you will read into the mind of characters who do just that. DeAnna/Jessica has anthrophobia (fear of human interaction) and cruorimania (obsession with murder). She has some major issues, I mean major. She comes across as bat $hit crazy but the story will open your eyes to strange ideas.

The book is written is several different POV's which I loved. It let me see into the minds of all parties involved. In the beginning of the book I didn't understand the point of all these different people being mentioned in the sexcamming, being introduced to the different males and their fetishes but let me tell you that most of them have a reason to be there.



"My secret, my obsession is worse than any of theirs. To contain it, I do the only thing I can. I lock myself up. And in doing so, keep myself, and everyone else safe."

 The sex camming is really only one small piece of a larger puzzle. DeAnna/Jessica is very smart and super observant in the lifestyle she has chosen to live. She has managed to keep resources at hand. Such as, an understanding yet curious delivery man, an addict neighbor, online food ordering, a hacker friend/client and a medical professional. All of these people are critical to Jessica's existence and the way she manipulates them was genius!

This book takes an amazing turn. from half way I was biting my nails, my stomach was in knots and I was on the edge of my seat. It actually had me in tears at some points! 

My heart was in my throat at the thought of what Annie was going through.


"Her mummy had always said that angels existed. Angels watch over us and keep us safe. Annie had prayed for an angel, and now she prayed for her angel to return."

The twists in the story are outstanding and I think thats what blew my mind the most. This book is unpredictable, everything I thought was going to happen actually didn't. 

I give this book a MASSIVE *****


Purchase Links:

ISBN: 2940016664170

Amazon US link:http://www.amazon.com/The-Girl-in-6E-ebook/dp/B00CDUM332/

Amazon UK link:http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Girl-in-6E-ebook/dp/B00CDUM332/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1366181797&sr=8-4&keywords=the+girl+in+6E

Kobo link:http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-Girl-in-6E/book-slR4KAPOdUC0UfbBHYVIQg/page1.html?s=o1GHN6odoEOiAJe8xlbGeA&r=1

Barnes and Noble link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-girl-in-6e-alessandra-torre/1046492859




Author Bio:

Alessandra Torre is an exciting new author who astonished the publishing world with the success of her first novel, Blindfolded Innocence. Initially self-published, the intriguing romance and erotica title quickly rose to the top of the charts on Kindle and Amazon and attracted the interest of major publishing houses. Currently available on Kindle, iBookstore and Nook, Blindfolded Innocence will be available in print in 30 different countries through Harlequin Publishing in June 2013.
Torre’s captivating story about a young intern’s sexual awakening has won praise and rave reviews from numerous critics, bloggers and book reviewers, including the acclaimed Dr. Laura Berman. In her recent article “35 to Read After 50″ in Everyday Health, Dr. Berman recommended Blindfolded as a must-read for book enthusiasts searching for a new fix after Fifty Shades of Grey. The book has also received high marks from readers on Goodreads and other literary web sites where fans frequently remark they can’t wait for a Blindfolded sequel!
Momentarily stunned by the book’s rapid success and loyal following, Torre is now releasing ‘The Girl in 6E’, and erotic thriller, as well as working on a sequel to Blindfolded. From her home near the tranquil warm waters of the Emerald Coast in Florida, she devotes several hours each day to various writing projects and interacting with her fans on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Happily married to her “best friend” and with one son, she loves watching SEC football games, horseback riding, reading and watching movies.


Email:       Alessandratorre4@gmail.com
Goodreads:www.goodreads.com/AlessandraTorre
Twitter:    https://twitter.com/ReadAlessandra
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alessandra-Torre/344117675672437
Pinterest:  pinterest.com/atorreauthor/








2 comments:

  1. Wow fab review Alicia well done. Oh the book sounds amazing I can't wait to read it. Natalie x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma Fitzgerald17 April 2013 at 01:43

    WOW! That sounds like a book not to be missed!! A must for the TBR list. Cheers Alicia! xx

    ReplyDelete