Tuesday, 9 April 2013

 




Author Interview With Belle Aurora & Book Review of Friend Zoned

About the book
Nikolai Leokov never thought he'd fall in love with the only girl he's ever befriended. Valentina Tomic has issues with commitment after the ultimate betrayal. When Tina decides to make broody Nik's day better, she never thought she would end up friends with the hard man. Nik has never had a woman be so affectionate to him without expecting something in return. Nik and Tina cordially invite you to read Friend-zoned.... A story of friendship, humor and love.

Natalie's Reveiw

Oh My God,  what can i say about this book that will do it justice,  it is amazing, i loved it.  The story is written from both characters point of view which really helps with the emotion that is portrayed in the book,  I loved how likable every single character was (with exception to the She-Devil) you felt like you were spying on a amazing family and you would give anything just to be allowed into the group,  i actually felt like the kid in the school yard with no friends wishing i could be part of the cool gang!!!

The Humor that is throughout the book is fantastic i actually belly laughed so hard (i think there was even a few snorts) and my favorite line ever included the phrase "hoochy Spice" i cracked up but you have to read it,  there is also another scene with a gun that cracked me up,  but along with the humour there is also a heartbreaking theme to the story that every time it was about to be mentioned i had a lump the size of a tennis ball in the back of my throat, it was so emotional but it was the undertone for the whole book and i could see why it was necessary to be there.

I can probably say that this fantastic new author maybe among one of my favorites ever, i cannot wait until book two is released and will be waiting on tender hooks until that day

Well done Belle this book is truly fantastic and i give it 5 Stars

Author Interview - Belle Aurora 

Q. If you could work with any author who would it be? 
A. If I had a choice to work with an author I think I would have to choose Kristen Ashley. She is amazing. Her stories really pull a person in. Kristen’s books have equal amounts of passion and angst as well as her dominant male heroes. The perfect formula for a win each time. Knight is by far my favorite book of hers.

Q. Who is your favourite author and is you writing style similar to theirs?
A.  I have two favorites. R.L. Mathewson and Kristen Ashley. Playing for Keeps was the first book I read from R.L. Mathewson and I fell in love. As soon as I had finished that book I went on search for more of her books. Knight was the first book of Kristen’s I read and she had me hooked. No, my writing style is very different from theirs. I do love to play around with humor though. I like to write in present tense and am sure my writing style would appall some people but it works for me and is easy to read.

Q. What's your favorite part of the book? 
A. My favorite part of the book is when Tina and Nik finally give in to each other. I was writing the scene and felt a huge weight come off my shoulders and I just wanted to whoop and clap with joy. But that would be weird…so I did not do that.

Q. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
A. Yes, absolutely. Tina was originally going to be named Tea (said Tey-ah) but I thought this would be too confusing and have people asking why I named a character after a cup of tea. Nik and Max were both named specifically. I never released this information in the book but Nik and Max were named by their father who came from a Russian background. Nik’s sisters were named by their mother who comes from a Mexican background. Nikolai means victory of the people and Maximilian means greatest or great one. Ilia (Nik and Max’s father) always told the boys they were destined to do great things. This may or may not *wink wink* come up in an upcoming Friend-Zoned book.

Q. Who Are your target readers?
A.  I suppose anywhere from new adults to adults of any age really. They need to have a good sense of humor to really appreciate my writing and also be a fan of strong male leads. I do have quite steamy sex scenes so for anyone who is looking for sweet gentle love scenes won’t find them in my books.

Q. What are the major themes of your work?
A.  I don’t really have any to me writing is all about breaking the rules. There is no formula to a good book. You can try to analyze it but all that really matters is engaging the readers. If you can keep the readers happy you’re doing something right. I’m working on some very different stories at the moment, none of which follow major themes.

Q. Any recent works that you admire?
A. To tell you the truth I haven’t been reading all that much since I started writing Friend-Zoned but two books that never fail to hook me are Willing Victim and Curio by Cara McKenna. I’ve read them both multiple times and love them both.

Q. What do you think people search for in a book?
A. That’s a tough one. Ask a hundred readers what they like in a book and you’ll get a hundred answers. What I love is when I am captivated by a book. The story should be so easy to follow that the reader doesn’t need to stop for a moment to think. Not every story should be a happy one because that’s not how life goes. I like when a person reads my work and just gets it. Reading should be effortless and enjoyable. That’s what I look for in a book.


Q. How have your personal experiences affected your writing? 
A. There are particular scenes in Friend-Zoned that will spark nerves for some people. Even though I haven’t experienced these things myself some of the scenes have been experienced by friends or friends of friends. People who read Friend-Zoned will know the scenes I speak of. They were tough. So tough that I stopped writing multiple times because I was sobbing and at one point thought about throwing certain scenes out of the book. The problem was everything fit so well together I felt I would be cheating Nik and Tina if I had done that. They say you write what you know and having written my first book I can say that is pretty true.

Q. What genre of books do you like to read? do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself?
A. I love humorous romance or contemporary romance. And no, I don’t limit myself to the genre I write. I love stories. Any type of story. If the author catches my attention early regardless of the genre, I will see a book through.

Q. Were you always good at writing? 
A. *Laughing* I don’t know if I am good at writing. I’m sure there will be people out there that find my writing awful. With good comes bad. I only just started writing this year. Nik and Tina had enough time stewing in my noggin and wanted out. I wrote Friend-Zoned in just over a month. The story was already formed I just needed to put it all together. I hope the readers will judge for themselves and leave honest reviews where they can.

Q. How do you get started with writing a story (as in, how do you start developing the story, how do you get inspired for it) 
A. I normally have a heroine form first. After I have her appearance and demeanor down I decide on a hero that will suit her. Then comes the fun task of working out whom their friends are and, for me, story comes last. I think long and hard about story line. There is nothing worse than strong characters trying to hold up a weak story line.

Q. What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?
A. Read. Whenever I hit a block of some sort I pick up an old favorite and read. I’ll normally get a few pages in before I’m scribbling away on paper. Also, listening to song lyrics helps. There is so much emotion trapped in songs. They’re a great way to force yourself out of a block.

Playlist for Friend-Zoned:-
James Arthur - Impossible
U2 – With or without you
Mcfly – Love is easy
Of monsters and men – Little talks
Beyonce – Halo
Macklemore – Thrift shop
Ed Sheeran – Give me love
Will.I.Am ft. Britney Spears – Scream and shout
Pink ft Fun – Reason
Mumford and Sons – I will wait

Snippet from Love Thy Neighbour (Friend-Zoned #2)
Nats POV:- I hate myself for looking out for Ghost. Even if it is on the sly. The man is insufferable. A total dickhead. No manners what-so-ever. None. So why can’t you stop thinking about his winkie? God. I suck.

So there we have it lovelies,  i hope that when this book is released on the 15th April you will purchase it because it really is amazing

Thank you so much Belle for being on our blog

Natalie & Alicia xx

3 comments:

  1. Emma Fitzgerald9 April 2013 at 20:31

    Awesome review and interview! I'm looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma I LOVE THIS BOOK i have read so many lately which have all been fantastic reads but this tops the pile x natalie x

      Delete
    2. Emma Fitzgerald10 April 2013 at 03:20

      Thats good to know Nat! It really does sound awesome! x

      Delete