Monday, 18 March 2013

S.C. Stevens Interview.


Product Description

For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender, and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart. Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source - a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes . . . and one thing's for sure - nothing will ever be the same.


Product Description

After being caught in the middle of a love triangle which led to a devastating betrayal, Kiera pledged to learn from the mistakes she'd made. She was determined to never again inflict that kind of pain on anyone, especially the soulful, talented man who held her heart. But life offers new challenges for every relationship, and when Kiera's love is put to the ultimate test, will it survive? Love is easy . . . trust is hard.


When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves if their love can survive the pressures of superstardom. The friendships they've formed and the new family they've found, the history they've built together will all come together to help them figure out if their relationship can triumph over the trials of the band's exploding popularity. A starlet who will do anything to get ahead - including throw Kiera under a bus - and the reappearance of Denny, Kiera's former boyfriend, are just two of the obstacles the lovers must overcome to be together forever. But if they can survive, their love will blossom like never before.



Interview with S.C Stevens. 

1. What Inspired you to write the books, Thoughtless, Effortless and Reckless? 
Thoughtless was a daydream that I couldn't get out of my head. I wrote a scene for it, then another and another, and before I knew it, I had a full book. After Thoughtless was released, and I saw the outpouring of love for the characters, I started planning a second and third book.

2. Did the character's come to your mind or are they based on people you've met/know? (including all band members?) 
All of the characters are imaginary. They came to me as the story grew.

3. If you could work with any author to write a book, who would it be? 
I've often thought about doing a book with Nicky Charles or K.A. Linde, but I'm not sure I could write a book that way. I'm amazed by people who can.

4. What's your favourite part of a book? (beginning, middle, end, climax) 
The climax is my favourite part, I think. That’s usually the part with the highest emotions, which I really love to write.

5. Did you want the book to be as sad as it was? Heart breaking in some parts 
I didn't plan any of the emotions that came out of the book. It was all organic, happening as the story happened. 

6. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning? 
In this particular series, no. The names came to me as I wrote the story. I did, however, originally have Kellan as Denny and Denny as Kellan, but Denny seemed more Australian to me, so I switched them.

7. Who Are your target readers? 
I don’t write for any particular age range, but I do view the books as mature. A wide variety of people seem to enjoy them. I have readers in their late teens and in their late sixties.

8. What do you think reader's search for in a book?
 
I think readers like books that capture their attention and keep them engaged. What exactly that magical element is depends on the person.

9. What genre of books do you like to read? Do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself? I have found that romance is the easiest for me to write, and while I read a lot of romance, I really love fantasy too. I'm reading A Game of Thrones right now—it’s incredible!! 

10. Were you always interested & good at writing? 
I have always had an interest in writing, but never really had a story to tell until Thoughtless. I'm not sure if Ism good at it yet, but I keep trying.

11. how do you get started with writing a story (as in, how do you start developing the story, how do you get inspired for it) 
Odd things will inspire a story—hearing something on the radio, watching a movie, listening to music. One of my stories came about because I overheard a girl at a bank telling her friend her purse was stolen. I never know where the inspiration is going to come from.

12. What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing? 
I like to do mundane things—clean, drive, go for a walk. And I listen to a lot of music. That’s what works for me. I’ll also talk things out, see if I can work through a problem in a way that makes sense and is true to the character.

13. You recently posted an alternative ending to Thoughtless.... I was destroyed reading it. Real body racking sobs!!... Do you think readers would have preferred Keira to be killed off? - me personally, I didn't. I love what you decided to do with the published books! 
That was my original ending, and no, fans preferred her to live at the end. That’s one of the reasons I changed it. I prefer her living too. 

14. What advice would you give to your reader who have been inspired by you to attempt writing their own story? 
Just keep plugging away at it! Write because you love the story and need to write it. Don’t write with any expectations of how the story may or may not do, just write to write.

15. Can we expect to get any other future books starring the whole gang? Maybe the love story of one of the other band members. 
I may possibly do a spinoff with Anna and Griffin. We’ll see!

Thank you very much for your time S.C. Stevens. 


I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this series. I had a Kellan Kyle coma once I'd finished Reckless and found it hard to start a new book!!
6******'s baby!!

The Lovelies :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment