Monday, 18 March 2013


Review of Suicide Note by Teresa Mummert.


Disclaimer: This book contains no acts of suicide and it does have a 'Happily Ever After'

Description 



A soldier returning for mid-tour leave decides to stay with a cousin in Maine, after his fiancĂ© leaves him for someone else while he is away at war. 
 
 His cousin is going through his own devastation and is struggling to pick up the pieces and move on with his family. 
 
 As they try to help each other through the pain, Shane's path crosses Jenn's and he soon learns that everything happens for a reason.


Alicia's Review.

WOW! Ok I'm trying to gather my thoughts as I've just been blown away! OH MY FREAKING GOD! This is one heart wrenching book!! Teresa has managed to break my heart with a single book then pieced it back together again. The emotions in Suicide Note took my breathe away. I've laughed, cried and sobbed. I fell in love and felt hate. 

Jenn doesn't feel like she's a strong enough person to deal with a devastating blow of betrayal but she is one hell of a strong, independent young lady. She is so unsure of herself and tries to hide away from everyone.
Shane is in the Army, deployed overseas and discovers the woman he loves is no longer waiting for him back home. She has moved on. He is devastated so whilst on leave he decides to visit his cousin (who is like a brother) Jake, his wife May and their children to avoid having to go home.
Whilst Shane is on a two week break he meets Jenn. He feels she needs to be saved after he discovers a letter, not realising he needs saving too.

They build a strong friendship that swept me away. This book is an amazing journey of love, trust and fate.
It's not so easy to trust when your heart has been so badly broken but both Jenn and Shane slowly begin to heal each other.

The emotions this book brought out in me was surprising. I felt each of Jenn and Shane's pain and passion. I think a lot of that has to do with my deep appreciation for the the men and women who serve their countries. Usually I only see the toll it takes on those waiting back at home for their loved ones to return. This book was a glimpse of the other side of that reality and the pain those serving go through. My heart tore with the emotions Teresa managed to capture and write into her book.
I was hooked from page one and didn't put it down until I had finished it. It's stunningly written and I didn't want it to come to an end. I have fallen in love with all the characters in this book... well except maybe one! 

This book has become my favourite read of 2013 and I know the book and the characters will hold a special place in my heart! The book ended perfectly with such an emotional final scene and a brilliant final line that is still playing through my head.
I will be sure to make sure everyone I know get this book. It is a must read, so beautiful.
I give this book a massive 5*!!



The Lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment