Friday, 8 March 2013

Author Interview - Elizabeth James 

With the release of her new book Life By Design on March 15th i recently got the chance to ask Author Elizabeth James a few questions,  i hope you all enjoy her answers as much as i did and remember book one in this series Love By Design is out now.

Q. If you could work with any author who would it be?
A.  I love several authors and it would be so hard to choose. Stephanie Rowe, Laura Kaye and R.L. Mathewson are a few of my favorites.

Q. Who is your favourite author and is you writing style similar to theirs?
A.  This is hard. I love Kresley Cole, Mimi Jean, J.R. Ward…they are all different genres too. I try not to write like others…I try to do what makes me feel good and not follow another person’s style.

Q. What's your favorite part of a book? 
A.  The climax.

Q. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
A.  Not really, the names just come to me.

Q. Who Are your target readers?
A. Romance lovers…people who like an old fashioned instant reaction romance.

Q. what are the major themes of your work
A. true life relationships

Q. any recent works that you admire
A. I admire Gina Maxwell’s Seducing Cinderella because that was her first book and it became a best seller.

Q. what do you think people search for in a book 
A. An escape…something they can’t get in their own life.

Q. how have your personal experiences affected your writing?
A. Little bits of myself and my friends and family have ended up in my books

Q. what genre of books do you like to read? do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself?
A. I love all kinds of books. I read paranormal, romance, historical romance, all types

Q. were you always good at writing?
A. I started writing when I was 15 but could never turn it into anything. Now, later in life I’ve finally achieved what I dreamed of.

Q. how do you get started with writing a story? (as in, how do you start developing the story, how do you get inspired for it)
A. Truthfully, I just see it in my head. I started writing and it just came to me. I see a movie in my head and I just let it roll.

Q. what advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?
A. If what you are trying to do isn’t working try something totally different. You may surprise yourself.

Thank you Elizabeth for this fantastic interview
Natalie x

                                                       Love By Design - Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment