Thursday, 21 February 2013

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT - Kristine Cayne

WARNING I HAVE TRIED NOT TO GIVE TOO MUCH AWAY AS TO NOT SPOIL IT FOR READERS WHO HAVE NOT YET READ,  HOWEVER TO GIVE AN ACCURATE REVIEW I HAVE HAD TO PUT SOME PLOT TO STORYLINE

Kristine Cayne is a new author to me,  i have only recently started to read her books but from what I have read so far her books are fantastic,  i was advised when i first started to read them that i should read her short story Aftershocks, in Romance In The Rain - A Six Seattle Novella and that would help introduce you to the Characters of the book Under His Command.

When i started reading Aftershocks, i thought the book was fantastic,  it was well written and very emotionally charged, it had me crying my eyes out from nearly the start, i read the whole book with a lump in my throat and felt so pulled into the story i felt i was right there with them,  it left me wanting to read the full story and see what happens to Erica and Jamie i was so rooting for them to be ok.





When Seattle is struck by a devastating earthquake, technical rescue firefighter Jamie Caldwell must save his estranged wife and daughter from the wreckage of a collapsed building. He's defied the odds hundreds of times, but will his luck finally run out for good?

 Romance in the Rain - Amazon UK



Imagine my surprise when i started reading, Under His Command,  it was completely not what i was expecting after reading Aftershocks,  it was so HOT, good job there was a fireman in this story because i was so worried the book would go up in flames, the relationship in the story took a completely new turn when BDSM was introduced and brought a different side to the characters.

The story starts where Aftershocks left off however before it continues it goes back in time and starts at the beginning of the relationship explaining events that led to how the relationship was at present day (this is why people prefer to read Aftershocks first as they get a better feeling of the characters) then continues on from there,  If you love Fifty Shades Of Gray and Bared To You,  You will absolutely love this book,  This is the first in the series and you will have to wait for the rest as they have not yet been finished,  but i strongly recommend this book.

  Under His Command - Amazon UK

Kristine has also got another series out called Deadly Vices and the first book in that series is called Deadly Obsession, I haven't read this yet as i have only just got it but i have a feeling its going to be fantastic,  you can find all of Kristine's books on Amazon

Happy reading Lovelies

Natalie x

3 comments:

  1. I have read Deadly Obsession and Deadly Addiction. They are both deadly captivating. They will hook you from start to finish. You will love the characters. I am now waiting for the the third book to be released. I understand that this is still a WIP.
    I'm glad you warned us about reading Romance in the rain before reading under his command. I'll do that. Thank you for featuring Kristine Cayne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana - thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I'm thrilled that you loved both Nic and Remi's story. Kaden's book is in full swing and I hope to have it ready by this fall. You're a sweetheart for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Natalie - thank you for the lovely review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed both Aftershocks and Under His Command. I hope you will enjoy the Deadly Vices books just as much!

    ReplyDelete